Floppy diskette drive removal movie - ThinkCentre A51p (type 8422, 8423, 8427) / ThinkCentre M51 (type 8143, 8144, 8146)
Movie player help
Floppy diskette drive installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the floppy diskette drive removal movie
To remove the diskette drive:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- For easier access to components, place the system on its side. This is the recommended service position.
- Remove the side cover.
- Press the cover release button on the right side cover.
- Slide the cover to the rear and lift it off.
- Remove the bezel.
- Press in on the bezel release lever.
- Pull the top of the bezel away from the system and lift the bezel up to remove it. Here is a closer look at the bezel release lever.
- Disconnect the signal cable and power cable from the drive.
- Depress the drive retaining clip to release the drive and slide the drive through the front of the system.
- Lift the device retaining clip from the drive and retain for future use.
View detailed floppy diskette drive removal and installation instructions for 8422, 8423, and 8427 systems
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved