Hard disk drive removal movie - ThinkCentre A51p (type 8422, 8423, 8427) / ThinkCentre M51 (type 8143, 8144, 8146)
Movie player help
Hard disk drive installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the hard disk drive removal movie
To remove a hard disk drive from bay 5:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- For easier access to components, place the system on its side. This is the recommended service position.
- Remove the side cover.
- Press the cover release button on the right side cover.
- Slide the cover to the rear and lift it off.
- Push the drive cage latch forward.
- Grasp the drive cage handle and rotate the drive cage assembly up until it locks into the open position.
- Disconnect the signal cable and power cable from the drive.
- Grasp the drive tray handle and pull the drive out of the cage.
To remove the hard drive from the drive tray:
- Flex the tray to release the locking pins on the tray from the holes in the drive.
- Remove the drive from the tray and place it on a static protected surface.
View detailed hard disk drive removal and installation instructions for 8422, 8423, and 8427 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved