Optical drive removal movie - ThinkCentre A51p (type 8420, 8421) / ThinkCentre M51 (type 8095, 8141, 8142, 8145)
Movie player help
Optical drive installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the optical drive removal movie
To remove a drive from media bay 2:
- With the drive bay assembly in the open position, disconnect the power cable, and the signal cable for the selected drive. A CD-ROM drive is shown in bay 2.
- Rotate the drive bay assembly down, being careful not to pinch any cables.
- Depress the drive retaining clip, identified with the blue dot and slide the drive to the front of the system.
- If required, the EMC shield can be removed by using a flat blade tool to pry it out of the bay.
- Lift the drive retaining clip from the drive and retain for future use.
View detailed optical removal and installation instructions for 8095, 8420, 8421, 8141, 8142, 8145 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved