Mini PCI adapter removal movie - ThinkPad R50/p
Movie player help.
Mini PCI installation movie.
Text of the audio portion of the movie
To remove a Mini PCI adapter:
- Remove the battery pack:
- Turn the computer off or enter hibernation mode.
- Then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery latch to the unlocked position and while holding the latch in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
- Remove the keyboard:
- Remove the three screws from the bottom of the machine.
NOTE: The 14.1" display has four screws. The screws are identified with this icon.
- Turn the ThinkPad over and open the cover.
- Press this part of the keyboard toward the back of the ThinkPad.
- The front of the keyboard pops up.
- Lift up the keyboard, raise the flap over the cable connector, disconnect the cable, then remove the keyboard.
Here's a closer look at the keyboard cable release action.
- Remove the keyboard bezel:
- Remove the fourteen screws on the bottom of the system. The screws are identified with this icon.
NOTE: The number of screws will vary depending on display size.
- Disconnect the touch pad connector.
- Lift the bezel off the system.
- Remove the Mini PCI adapter:
- Disconnect the auxiliary and the main antenna cables.
- Release the latches, then rotate the card up and lift it out.
- Place the card on the ESD mat.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved