Hard drive removal movie - ThinkPad R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R52
Hard drive installation movie
To remove the hard disk drive:
- Turn the computer off.
- Then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery latch to the unlocked position and while holding the latch in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
- Remove the locking screw.
- Open the cover and position the ThinkPad system on end.
- Grasp the disk drive cover and slide out the drive.
To remove the cover:
- Release the cover tabs from the drive posts.
- Lift off the cover.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed hard drive installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved