CD-ROM drive and floppy diskette drive assembly removal movie - NetVista 2179, 6643
Movie player help
CD-ROM drive and floppy diskette drive assembly installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the CD-ROM drive and floppy diskette drive assembly removal movie
To remove the drive bay assembly you must first open the drive bay
To open the drive bay:
- Push the drive release button in.
- If the drive bay fails to open, push in and hold the drive bay release button while pulling the drive bay down.
- From the back, disconnect the signal cables, including the diskette and CD-ROM.
- Now using these levers release the bay to gain access to the power cables, then disconnect the power cables including the diskette and CD-ROM, then slide the bay assembly out the front.
To remove the interposer card:
- Release the ZIFF connector and remove the CD-ROM signal cable.
- Remove the two screws then unplug the card from the CD-ROM drive connector.
To separate the diskette drive and CD-ROM:
- Remove the plastic bezel.
To remove the bezel from the diskette and CD-ROM assembly:
- Unlatch the two tabs, rotate down, and lift off.
To remove the diskette drive:
- Release the ZIFF connector and move the signal cable.
- Remove the two screws on each side of the drive.
- Slide the drive out of the front of the bay
To remove the CD-ROM:
- Turn the drive bay over.
- Remove the four screws, then slide the drive out of the bay.
View detailed CD-ROM drive and floppy diskette drive assembly removal instructions for 2179 and 6643 systems
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved