Adapter installation - ThinkCentre 2296, 8434
Information and instructions for installing and removing adapters. The 2296 and 8434 computers have three expansion slots for PCI adapters. You can install an adapter up to 228 mm (9 inches) long.
Note: The AGP port is disabled on some systems. If there is a plug in your AGP port, the port may not be used.
To install an adapter:
- Remove the cover. For more information; see Cover removal.
- Remove the adapter slot cover for the appropriate expansion slot.
- Remove the adapter from its static-protective package.
- Install the adapter into the appropriate slot on the system board.
- Secure the adapter with the screw as shown.
NoteE: To complete the installation, go to Cover installation and connecting the cables.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved