Hard disk drive and floppy diskette drive removal movie - ThinkCentre 8149, 8177, 8178, 8187, 8188, 8191, 8193, 8414, 8431
Movie player help
Hard disk drive and floppy diskette drive installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the hard disk drive and floppy diskette drive removal movie
To remove the three and a half-inch cage assembly with diskette and disk drives:
- Rotate the handle up until it catches on the frame.
- Note the cable routing for reassembly.
NOTE: Although, serial ATA disk drive models are not currently offered, a serial ATA 150 disk drive is shown in this removal for future reference.
- Remove the serial ATA power cable from the clips, and disconnect it.
- Remove the serial ATA signal cable from the clips, and disconnect it.
- Remove the spare IDE power cable and diskette power cable from the clips, and disconnect it.
- Remove the diskette signal cable from the clips, and disconnect it.
- Release the handle, and lift the assembly off the frame.
- To make working with the assembly easier, turn it upside it down, and place it on the ESD mat.
To remove the hard disk drive from the bay:
- Pull the handle to release the latches, and slide the drive out from the bay.
To remove the disk from the harness:
- Flex the side of the harness to release the retaining pins, and lift the drive out.
To remove the diskette drive from the bay:
- Remove the two screws, and slide the drive out from the bay.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved