Hard disk drive removal movie - ThinkCentre A50, A51, A52, M52, S50, S51
Movie player help
Hard disk drive installation movie
Text of the audio portion of the hard disk drive removal movie
To remove the hard disk drive
- Disconnect the power cable and the signal cable.
- Grasp the handle, tilt the drive forward, and then using the handle, pull the drive out from the bay.
- Here is a closer look at the latching mechanism.
CAUTION: Pull the handle out in the direction of the arrow.
- Pulling the handle up might damage the drive rail harness. Here is a close up of the drive tilting forward and out of the system.
To remove the hard drive rail harness
- Flex the plastic on the sides to release the pins that secure the harness to the drive.
- Remove the drive from the harness
View detailed hard disk drive installation and removal instructions for A50 and S50 systems
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved