At a glance
The new memory upgrade offerings let you upgrade standard system memory capacity, helping to improve overall system performance.
- Test-proven 100% compatibility
- PC2700 double data rate (DDR) synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM)
- Maximum data transfer rate of up to 2,700 MBps
- 184-pin unbuffered DIMM (UDIMM) with gold-plated leads
- Serial presence detect/decode functions
- Limited warranty
- Authenticity seal on every UDIMM
3 year Limited - customer carry-in exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB, or 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 Non-Parity DDR SDRAM UDIMM Memory
- Announce date: 21 May 2003
- Planned availability date: 21 May 2003
- Effective withdrawal date: 23 Aug 2005 (128MB only)
- Effective withdrawal date: 11 Apr 2006 (256MB, 512MB, 1GB)
Performance specifications as known at time of announcement
- PC2700 DDR SDRAM Memory Upgrade: The 2700 is a figure derived from twice the memory-side bus clock frequency (166 MHz x 2; data transfers can occur on both edges of the clock) times the module data width (64 bits / 8 bits/byte = 8 bytes) = 2,656, rounded = 2,700. This is the maximum data rate; the units are MBps.
- Column Address Strobe (CAS) Latency (CL) of 2.5 (memory bus clock cycles).
- Non-parity mode organized as 16M x 64, 32M x 64, and 128M x 64 respectively.
- Serial presence detect.
- 184-pin JEDEC/EIA standard UDIMM interface.
- Gold-plated leads.
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcementWidth Depth
- between 0 degrees Celsius and 65 degrees Celsius
- between 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 149 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 10% and 90%
The 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, and 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 Non-Parity DDR SDRAM UDIMM memory upgrades are supported on the following systems:
|System Name ||Machine Type||Model|
|ThinkCentre A30||2296, 8191, 8198, 8199, 8316, 8434||All|
|ThinkCentre A50p||8192, 8193, 8194, 8195, 8196, 8197||All|
|ThinkCentre M50||8185, 8186, 8187, 8188, 8189, 8190||All|
|ThinkCentre S50||8183, 8184||All|
Hardware Requirements -Other Systems
The 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, and 1GB PC2700 CL2.5 Non-Parity DDR SDRAM UDIMM memory upgrades are supported on systems that support industry-standard SDRAM to the PC2700 CL2.5 UDIMM specification.
Some configurations may not be compatible.
Approximately five minutes.