Memory removal and installation - ThinkCentre A50, S50
These instructions are also available in movie format:
Your computer has two connectors for installing dual inline memory modules (DIMMs) that provide up to a maximum of 2GB of system memory.
When installing memory, the following rules apply:
To install DIMMs
- Turn off the computer and disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet and from the computer.
- Disconnect all other cables attached to the computer.
- Open the cover. See "Cover removal ".
- Access the system board. See "Accessing system board components and drives".
- Locate the DIMM connectors. See "Identifying parts on the system board".
- Open the retaining clips.
- Make sure the notch in the DIMM aligns with the tab on the connector. Push or insert the memory module straight down into the connector until the retaining clips close.
- Replace the PCI riser and adapters if it was removed.
- Place the drives back to the original position.
- Replace the cover. See "Closing the cover and connecting the cables".
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved