This document pertains to the following model ThinkPads only:
|TP i Series 1300|
1171 - 4MU, 5Xx, 6MU, 6XU, 7XG, 8MU, 8XU, 9MU, 9Xx only
The ThinkPad® i Series 1300 notebooks are optimized for connectivity in network environments for either wired or wireless networks and to meet the needs of budget conscious businesses and educational institutions. The ThinkPad i Series 1300 with integrated communications and affordable pricing delivers value by combining performance and innovative design.
Feel the power
- Powerful Intel® Mobile Pentium(TM) III processor at 750 MHz(1) with 256 KB L2 cache at processor speed or Celeron(TM) processor at 700 or 750 MHz, both with 128 KB L2 cache at processor speed
- Large, high quality active matrix 338-mm (13.3-in) XGA TFT
- Integrated 802.11b Wireless LAN or Integrated Ethernet LAN, depending on model
- New enhanced graphics and video performance with 2X AGP 3D graphics
- Standard 64 MB(2) SDRAM upgradeable to 192 MB with 8 MB dedicated to video memory
- Large 10.0 or 20.0 GB(3) HDD, depending on model
- Integrated 56 K V.90(4) modem
- (United States, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa) High-speed 24x-10x(5) CD-ROM drive or 8x4x24 max CD-RW drive
- (Europe, Middle East, Africa) High-speed 8x(5) max DVD-ROM is offered on one model
Cut the cord with integrated wireless
Selected ThinkPad i Series 1300 models deliver a high-speed integrated wireless solution at speeds up to 11 Mbs providing on-campus or in-office, access to information(6). Integrated wireless LAN eliminates cable clutter as well as potential damage to or loss of PC cards. Located inside the top of the display, the radio frequency antenna enhances quality and speed of reception. Combined with the IBM High Rate LAN Access Point, the ThinkPad i Series provides a superlative wireless solution for classroom or office use.
Push here for answers
- The TrackPoint pointing device with the Internet scroll bar makes it easy to scroll through Web pages and large documents.
- The ThinkPad button activates Access ThinkPad and the ThinkPad Assistant to give you access to helpful on-system and online (with ISP account) information
- Easy Launch buttons get you to the Internet(7) and help you access features like e-mail at the touch of a button.
Pick your passion
The ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebooks integrate a two-spindle design with CD-ROM and HDD; there is a 56 K V.90 modem in one convenient package. This entire unit weighs approximately 2.7 kg (5.9 lb). Optional externally attached diskette, 8 MB memory key, Zip 250 MB, and ThinkPad SuperDisk (LS-120) Ultrabay 2000 Drive are available separately.
Now hear this
Quality stereo speakers are designed exclusively for ThinkPad i Series for superb sound. This i Series notebook computer has a function-key-based media center for fast and easy control of music CDs.
Models with integrated Wireless LAN include Microsoft® Windows® Millennium and Lotus® SmartSuite®. All models include a variety of software applications(8).
- MHz only measures internal clock speed, not application performance. Many factors affect application performance. For Intel Mobile Pentium III processors with SpeedStep technology, MHz speed denotes maximum performance mode; battery-optimized performance mode is approximately 80% of maximum performance.
- Optional SDRAM memory modules are available in 64 and 128 MB sizes. Total maximum memory of 192 MB can be achieved by adding a 128 MB memory card to the 64 MB memory that is basic to the system.
- GB equals one billion bytes when referring to HDDs. Accessible capacity may vary.
- This V.90 modem can receive data up to 56 Kbps from a compatible service provider, transmitting data up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit maximum download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum possible.
- Variable read rate. Actual playback speed will vary and is often less than the maximum possible.
- Requires existing wireless network infrastructure.
- Requires Internet access account, available separately.
- Some software may differ from its retail version (if available), and may not include user's manuals or all program functions.
- IBM and ThinkPad and TrackPoint are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States or other countries, or both.
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation and Celeron is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
NOTE: Other company, product and services names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
At a glance
The ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebook computers feature:
- Microsoft Windows® Professional 2000 or Windows Millennium and Lotus SmartSuite
- Fast Intel® Mobile Pentium® III processor at 750 MHz with 256 KB L2 cache or Celeron processor at 700 or 750 MHz, both with 128 KB L2 cache
- 2X AGP 3D Graphics
- 64 MB of 64-bit 100 MHz SDRAM memory standard (can be upgraded to 192 MB)
- Active matrix display, 338-mm (13.3-in) XGA TFT
- High-capacity 20.0 or 10.0 GB HDD
- Integrated 56 K V.90 modem
- Integrated Ethernet on selected models
- (United States, Asia Pacific, Canada) Integrated 802.11b wireless LAN on selected models
- High-speed 24x-10x CD-ROM or 8x4x24x CD-RW drive, depending on model
- (Europe, Middle East, Africa) One model has an 8x DVD
- TrackPoint with Internet scroll bar helps to speed your way on the Web
- Easy Launch buttons to take you to the Web
- Function-key-based media center for CD music
- Stereo speakers for rich, full sound
- Ergonomic wrist-rest keyboard and TrackPoint technology for premier ease of use
- Two Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports
ThinkPad i Series 1300 features
13.3-inch XGA TFT brillaiantly clear display.
Video Modes - i Series 1300 13-inch TFT with integrated Trident 2X AGP graphics using 8 MB of shared video memory
|LCD ||CRT |
|Resolution||TFT ||85 Hz ||75 Hz ||60 Hz |
|640 x 480||16M ||16M ||16M ||16M |
|800 x 600||16M ||16M ||16M ||16M |
|1024 x 768||16* ||16M ||16M ||16M |
|1280 x 1024||NA ||NA ||NA ||64K |
NOTE: * Virtual Screen Mode on SVGA LCD
Keyboard and TrackPoint
Ergonomically designed for comfort, the ThinkPad i Series 1300 features a full-sized 85-key keyboard with a roomy sculpted palm rest. The TrackPoint with Press-to-Select provides accurate and convenient pointer and cursor control; pressing the TrackPoint speeds program launches and helps you reduce keystrokes. The Internet scroll bar liberates users from the stationary scroll bar at the side of the window and allows for quick Web page scrolling. It even works on documents and spreadsheets.
- (United States, Asia Pacific, Canada) Mobile Pentium® III processor at 750 MHz featuring Intel Speedstep® technology with two performance modes:
- Maximum performance mode for top performance while connected to external power.
- Battery-optimized performance mode for balance between performance and battery life when operating on battery power. MHz
speed is reduced to approximately 80% of maximum performance with approximately 50% of the power consumption to conserve battery power.
- Mobile Celeron processors at 700 or 750 MHz.
- (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Mobile Pentium® III processor at 700 MHz featuring Intel Speedstep® technology with two performance modes:
- Maximum performance mode for top performance while connected to external power.
- Battery-optimized performance mode for balance between performance and battery life when operating on battery power. MHz speed is reduced to approximately 80% of maximum performance with approximately 50% of the power consumption to conserve battery power.
The ThinkPad i Series 1300 uses non-parity, 64-bit 100 MHz SDRAM memory. Standard memory is 64 MB, expandable to a maximum of 192 MB and with 8 MB dedicated to video memory.
The Type III slot can accommodate either one Type I, one Type II, or one Type III PC card. CardBus PC card or Zoomed Video Port PC card is supported.
The ThinkPad i Series 1300 with its two-spindle design incorporates a 10.0 or 20.0 GB HDD along with a 24x-10x variable speed CD-ROM. An optional 1.44 MB diskette drive can be attached via USB. It boasts a high-speed 8x4x24 CD-RW drive.
The audio subsystem is enhanced with 16-bit stereo audio that supports Sound Blaster Pro. It features built-in stereo speakers and a fast 24x-10x CD-ROM.Speakers are located on the front of the display to direct sound right at the listener and provide maximum stereo separation.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) ports
These systems have a standard complement of ports (enhanced parallel, external display, and two USB ports).
The new ThinkPad i Series 1200 with Trident CyberBlade offers a powerful 3D graphics engine that takes advantage of the Accelerated Graphics Port and shared memory architecture to deliver a more robust 3D experience. The Accelerated Graphics Port allows the graphics sub-system to "borrow" system memory as needed to support the needs of 3D graphics intensive applications - this gives the graphics system a "boost" when necessary and provides for a smoother 3D display. In addition, the Trident CyberBlade graphics allows the user, through the shared memory architecture, access to a greater ammount of memory for graphics use. Up to 8 MB of system memory is available for 3D and 2D graphics needs. More memory for graphics provides the user with higher 3D performance by storing more instructions and 3D elements in memory for faster graphics response.
Using the 56 K V.90 integrated modem, you can browse the Web or send e-mail and files easily.
- Easy Internet access and connectivity:
- Customizable Easy Launch buttons for easy access to Internet sites(1) specifically designed for the mobile PC user. Customize the buttons to launch your favorite Web sites or software applications.
- ThinkPad button and Access ThinkPad(TM) facilitate connectivity to make information easily available with one-button access to online and on-system information. ThinkPad Assistant offers a user's guide with a quick search plus animated how-to demos. ThinkPad Portal provides links to Web-based information, services, and solutions, including the ThinkPad user community.
- Web sites designed by IBM and Lycos specifically for ThinkPad i Series owners to help you save time and be more productive on the Internet -- Easy Launch buttons take you to:
- Home site - your personalized window to the Internet including helpful hints to get the most out of your ThinkPad i Series notebook
- Search site - advanced search capabilities to find the information you need quickly
- Messaging site - e-mail that can be accessed from the Web
NOTE: (1) Requires Internet access, available separately.