At a glance
The ThinkPad 240 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery is a rechargeable battery that supports the ThinkPad 240 Series. This battery contains nine cells providing an output of 11.1 V. It can be recharged in as little as 4.1 hours, depending on the ThinkPad system usage. Other features include:
- 7.5 hour battery life (without recharge) **
- Over-discharge protection
This battery will allow you to use your ThinkPad for an extended period of time ranging from 3.5 hours to 6.5 hours.
** Results based on BM4.0 (Battery Mark 4.0) SYSmark benchmark test. Battery life and recharge times will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, battery conditioning, power management, and other customer preferences.
1 year limited - CCE
This product replaces
This product was replaced by
You will receive one box containing the following items:
Product marketing and replacement part numbers (FRU)
- ThinkPad 240 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery
- Marketing part number: 02K6762
- Replacement part number: 02K6763
- Announce date: 03 Apr 2001
- Planned availability date: 2nd Quarter 2001 (Japan only)
- Withdrawal date: not available
- Effective withdrawal date: not available
Performance specifications as known at time of announcement
- Battery life: 7.5 hours without recharge
- Output voltage: 11.1 V DC (nominal)
- Charging current: 2.0A (system on or off)
- Charge time: 246 minutes (4.1 hours maximum)
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
WeightApproximate height Approximate width Approximate depth
- Between 5 degrees Celsius and 35 degrees Celsius
- Between 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 10% and 80% (non-condensing)
- 50cm free drop
- 1m free drop
Vibration (Random RMS)
1.5 mm (10-55Hz)
The ThinkPad 240 9-Cell Li-Ion Battery is supported on all models of the ThinkPad 240, Machine Type 2609.
Supported operating systems
Some configurations may not be compatible.
Some configurations may not be supported.
Cable orders required
Approximately 5 minutes
- The symbol * means that the information is currently unavailable for this product.
- FRU stands for Field Replacement Unit. It is the part number used for ordering service/replacement parts.
- Effective Withdrawal means that on the given date the product will have been withdrawn from marketing. After that date, the product can not be obtained directly.