|The ThinkPad A22p computer launches the next revision of the innovative high-performance, all-in-one desktop alternative notebook. This notebook, featuring outstanding IBM service and support, is optimized for high-performance graphics and multimedia-centered applications. |
The ThinkPad A22p computer is the mobile solution for demanding professional user applications in electronic design, digital content creation, mechanical CAD/CAM, software engineering, and financial services.
- Intel(R) Mobile Pentium(R) III processor at 1.0 GHz(1) with SpeedStep(TM) technology and 256 KB on-board L2 cache memory
- Large, brilliant 15-in (1600 x 1200) active matrix TFT display with vibrant colors
- 32.0 GB(2) high-speed HDD
- 128 MB of 64-bit SDRAM memory, expandable up to 512 MB (3)
- (United States, Latin America, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa) Mini-PCI modem with 56 K (4) V.90 technology or modem--Ethernet
combo, depending on model
- CD-RW drive
- Thin and lightweight
- S-Video in and out ports for expanded multimedia
- UltraPort connector to mount optional UltraPort camera for various video applications
- Titanium composite (5) material in top cover to protect display.
- Desktop expansion with integrated, easy-loading modular Ultrabay(TM) 2000, PC Card slots, and optional ThinkPad Port Replicator, ThinkPad Dock, -- all common with the ThinkPad T22 Series
- ThinkPad Button, Access ThinkPad, and ThinkPad Assistant(TM)
- ThinkLight(TM) keyboard light
- Individual volume up, down, and mute buttons
- TrackPoint(R) with Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass features for accurate and convenient control
- User-installable mini-PCI options; modem only or modem-LAN combination
- Wireless LAN solution via optional IBM High Rate Wireless PC Card and Access Point
- RJ-45 and RJ-11 connectors standard on all systems
- (Latin America, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa) Worldwide IBM service and support
- (Latin America, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa) Three-year limited warranty
- MHz only measures microprocessor internal clock speed, not application performance. Many factors affect application performance. In Intel Mobile Pentium III processors with SpeedStep technology MHz speed denotes maximum performance mode; battery-optimized performance mode is approximately 80% of maximum performance.
- GB equals one billion bytes when referring to hard disk. Accessible capacity may vary.
- Recognizes up to 512 MB addressable memory in models with the Mobile Pentium III processor. Memory options up to 256 MB SDRAM SO DIMMs each can be added in the two available slots for memory expansion.
- The V.90 modem can receive data at up to 56 Kbps from a compatible service provider and transmit data at up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit maximum download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum possible.
- Titanium composite fiber reinforced plastic has three times the strength as ABS plastic as tested by IBM using high flex modulus test on February 28, 2000.
- Refer to the IBM Statement of Limited Warranty for terms governing IBM support obligations. For a copy of the IBM Statement of Limited Warranty, customers can contact their authorized IBM Business Partner or IBM customer representative. ThinkPad battery covered by separate 1-year limited warranty.
IBM ThinkPad, IBM Busines Partner, and IBM Support Center are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States or other countries or both.
Ultrabay, ThinkLight, ThinkPad Assistant, and TrackPoint are trademarks of International Business Machines in the United States or other countries or both.
Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation.
SpeedStep is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
At a glance
The ThinkPad A22p delivers leadership technology with these benefits and features:
- Cutting-edge design: fast Intel processor; large 381-mm (15.0-in) display with 1600 x 1200 resolution; thin, light design; titanium composite in top cover to protect the display; UltraPort connector
- High-performance graphics and rich multimedia
- Innovative ease of use: ThinkPad Button, Access ThinkPad and ThinkPad Assistant; modular Ultrabay 2000; ThinkLight; volume control
- Optimized for connectivity: versatile mini-PCI communications bay; RJ45 and RJ11 connectors standard on all systems
- (United States, Canada) Outstanding IBM service and support: International Warranty Service; EasyServ onsite pickup and delivery courier depot repair service; IBM Universal Manageability solutions; PC Lifecycle Care program
- (Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa) Outstanding IBM service and support: International Warranty Service; Universal Manageability solutions; IBM PC Lifecycle Care program
ThinkPad A22p features
LCD Display: This ThinkPad notebook includes the largest and highest resolution active matrix TFT display of any ThinkPad to date -- a large 381-mm (15.0-in) screen. Resolutions are shown in the following table.
For ThinkPad A22p 2629-Uxx with 1600 x 1200 resolution 381-mm (15.0-in) TFT
(Total of 16 MB of 8 MB SGRAM)
|LCD ||External Monitor (CRT only) |
|Resolution||TFT ||85 Hz ||87i ||96i ||75 Hz ||72 Hz ||70 Hz ||60 Hz |
|640 X 480||16M ||16M ||NA ||NA ||16M ||16M ||NA ||16M |
|800 x 600||16M ||16M ||NA ||NA ||16M ||16M ||16M ||16M |
|1024 x 768||16M ||16M ||NA ||NA ||16M ||16M ||16M ||16M |
|1280 x 1024||16M ||16M ||NA ||NA ||16M ||NA ||16M ||16M |
|1400 x 1050||NA ||NA ||NA ||NA ||NA ||NA ||NA ||NA |
|1600 x 1200||16M ||NA ||NA ||NA ||16M ||NA ||16M ||16M |
- Keyboard and TrackPoint with Press-to-Select: The keyboard has the familiar layout of a ThinkPad keyboard with function keys that allow quick access to system functions, such as power management control. Use the TrackPoint with Press-to-Select to select objects by pressing the TrackPoint cap.
- Processor: Mobile Pentium III processor at 1.0 GHz with SpeedStep technology and 256 KB full-speed on-board L2 cache.
- Memory: Non-parity, 64-bit SDRAM SO DIMM memory. Standard memory of 128 MB is expandable to a maximum of 512 MB with 64, 128, or 256 MB DIMMs. The 128 MB card can be replaced with a 256 MB card and another 256 MB card added to the extra slot.
- PCMCIA: The Type III slot can accommodate two Type I or two Type II, or one Type III PC card. Both 16-bit and 32-bit cards are supported. Both PCMCIA slots contain a ZV port.
- PC Card Support Software: The auto configurator and memory device driver enable supported PCMCIA cards by sensing them automatically. PCMCIA cards supported by the auto configurator and memory device driver are listed in the Sales Manual.
- Storage: Standard 32 GB; optional 10, 20, and 32 GB HDDs are also available. Two HDDs can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage. These HDDs issue an alert if a failure is pending.
- MPEG-1: Software MPEG-1 support on Windows 98 systems provides multimedia viewing without such hardware prerequisites as ZV port cards.
- Audio: Excellent sound quality with two stereo speakers, 16-bit stereo audio supporting Sound Blaster Pro, built-in stereo speakers, and volume control. Three audio jacks:
- One for external stereo speakers or headphone
- One for an external microphone
- One for line-in
- Video: AGP 2x with video acceleration provides exceptional video performance.
- Infrared (IR): IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing. ThinkPad A22p models are compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification with speeds up to 4 Mbps.
- Other features: Enhanced parallel, SVGA (external display), pointer-keyboard-keypad, serial, and universal serial bus (USB) ports. Additional connector supports the optional ThinkPad Port Replicator or the optional ThinkPad Dock.