At a glance
Customers can order extra cables for network connections at different locations or to replace lost or damaged cables.
Spare cables are for the following Ethernet and Token-Ring networking adapters:
- 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter (08L3147)
- 16/4 Token-Ring CardBus Adapter (34L4801)
1 year limited - customer carry-in exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter Cable (09N9855)
- 16/4 Token-Ring CardBus Adapter Cable (31L5316)
Product marketing and replacement part numbers (FRU)
United States, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Canada
- 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter Cable
- Marketing part number: 09N9855
- Replacement part number: 08L3161
- 16/4 Token Ring CardBus Adapter Cable
- Marketing part number: 31L5316
- Replacement part number: 31L5057
- Announce date: 20 Feb 2001
- Planned availability date: 23 Feb 2001 - 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter Cable and 30 Mar 2001 - 16/4 Token-Ring CardBus Adapter Cable
- Withdrawal date: 22 Jun 2004 (Marketing part number 31L5316 only)
- Withdrawal date: 03 Jan 2006 (Marketing part number 09N9855 only)
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter Cable:
16/4 Token-Ring CardBus Adapter Cable:
- Between 0 degrees celsius and 65 degrees celsius
- Between 32 degrees fahrenheit and 149 degrees fahrenheit
- Operating: between 10% and 95% (non-condensing)
All Agency Approvals were issued for the 08L3147 and 1 34L4801 adapter products. There are no separate approvals for these cables.
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter Cable requires an 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter.
The 16/4 Token-Ring CardBus Adapter Cable requires an 16/4 Token Ring CardBus Adapter.
These adapters are compatible with all Ethernet or Token-Ring networks using the 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Adapter or the 16/4 Token-Ring CardBus Adapter.
NOTE: Some configurations may not be compatible.
Cable orders required: No
Installation time: Approximately 5 minutes