At a glance
- A 15.0-inch CRT with a viewable image size of 13.8 inches (350 mm), incorporating a 0.28 dot pitch. A maximum horizontal frequency of 69KHz provides flicker-free operation at an optimum 800 x 600 pels at 85 Hz with a maximum addressability of 1280 x 1024 pels.
- Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) Display Data Channel (DDC) capability for Plug and Play and asset tracking when the attaching system unit's hardware and software is DDC-enabled.
- Power consumption requirements of Swedish National Board for Industrial and Technical Development (NUTEK). As an ENERGY STAR partner, it has been determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
- Timings for the VESA 85 Hz refresh rate display modes for 640 x 480, and 800 x 600 addressabilities. Appropriate graphics-adapter hardware and software must be installed in the attaching system unit.
- Universal power supply providing worldwide operating capability.
- All models achieve a minimum of MPR-II compliance.
- Available in pearl white and Business Black
3 year Limited - customer carry-in exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- E54 monitor
- Tilt-swivel stand
- Captive video signal cable
- Separate power cord
- User's guide
- Diskette containing .INF, .ICM, Files plus Readme and multilingual warranty statements
United States and Canada
- Announce date: 24 Oct 2000
- Planned availability date: 27 Oct 2000 (6331-N2N), 5 Nov 2000 (6331-M2N)
- Withdrawal date: 26 Feb 2002
- CRT Type: FST
- CRT Size (nominal): 15.0-inch
- Viewable Image Size : 13.8-inch 350 mm
- Dot Pitch (mm): 0.28
- Max viewable area (mm): 262 x 196
- Anti-reflective: Yes
- Anti-static: Yes
- Borderless operation: Yes
- Multi-frequency operation: Yes
- ID Bits: See notes
- VESA DDC Capable:1/2B
- Horizontal frequency (kHz)30-59
- Vertical frequency (Hz): 50-120
- Maximum Pixel Rate (Mhz) 110
- Max flicker-free mode: 800 x 600
- Max addressability (Rec) : 1280 x 1024
- User controls: Digital
- On screen display: No
- Factory-presets/User setti13spreset / 8 user
- ISO 9241/3 Capable: Yes
- VESA DPMS Power management: Yes
- MPR-II Emission compliance: Yes
- Video connector: 15-pin D
NOTE: In order to present '1010' ID Bits at the monitor interface, the DDC operation of these monitors must be disabled.
Tilt-Swivel Stand Characteristics:
- Tilt: 5 degrees forward, 15 degrees backward
- Swivel: +45/-45 degrees
Operating and power controls:
NOTE: Digital user controls are located on the front bezel.
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- Vertical size
- Horizontal size
- Horizontal position
- Vertical position
- Keystone and Keystone Balance
- Tilt (Image Rotation)
- Manual Degauss
- Color Point Adjustment
- Color Point Recall
- RGB Control
- Moire Control
- Geometry Reset
Height Width Depth Power requirements
NOTE: Actual power consumption depends on the screen mode used, the images displayed, and how user controls are set.
- Input voltage: 90 to 264 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Heat dissipation (Maximum): 239 Btu/hr
- Power consumption (Maximum): 70 watts
- Power consumption (Normal Use): 70 watts
- Power consumption (VESA Standby): 10 watts typical
- Power consumption (VESA Suspend): 10 watts typical
- Power consumption (VESA Off): 5 watts typical
- Maximum earth leakage current: <3.5 mA at 264 V AC
- Operating: 3,000 m (10,000 ft) maximum
- Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees celsius
- Relative humidity: 10% to 80%
Declared acoustical noise emissions LWAD = 4.5 Bels or less. The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in Bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10, and
reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779
Meets EN61000-3-2 for mains harmonic reduction.
Compliance to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standard 9241 Part 3 for front-of-screen ergonomics is provided when the product forms part of an ISO-compliant system.
Regulatory agency approvals
|E54 (M/T 6331) models meets: |
|Agency Approval ||Yes/No |
|UL 1950 First Edition (U.S.) ||Yes |
|CSA C22.2 No. 950 (Canada) ||Yes |
|IEC 950 CB Report ||Yes |
|CE Mark (Europe) ||Yes |
|SEMKO (Sweden) ||Yes |
|NEMKO (Norway) ||Yes* |
|DEMKO (Denmark) ||Yes* |
|FIMKO (Finland) ||Yes* |
|TUV (Germany) ||Yes |
|NOM (Mexico) ||Yes |
|CCIB/CCEE (China) ||No |
|SISR CPA (Singapore) ||No |
|Russia ||Yes |
|SASO ||Yes |
|Czech ||Yes |
|Poland ||Yes |
|Hungary ||Yes |
|Slovenia ||Yes |
|FCC Class B (U.S.) ||Yes |
|IC (Canada) ||Yes |
|CE (Europe) ||Yes |
|VCCI (Japan) ||No |
|BCIQ (Taiwan) ||No |
|EMI(B) (Korea) ||No |
|Australia ||No |
|New Zealand ||No |
|South Africa ||Yes |
|EN61000-3-2 ||Yes |
|FDA/DHHS (U.S.) ||Yes |
|DNHW (Canada) ||Yes |
|PTB (Germany) ||Yes |
|MPR-II (Sweden) ||Yes |
|NUTEK (Sweden) ||Yes |
|EPA (Energy Star) ||Yes |
|GS (Germany) ||Yes |
|ISO 9241-3 ||Yes |
|ISO 9241-8 ||Yes |
|Microsoft Logo PC99 ||Yes |
The E54 color monitor is designed to operate with system units or graphic adapters that generate a video output signal that falls within the specifications:
- Maximum addressability (pels): 1280 x 1024
- Horizontal frequency (kHz): 30 to 69
- Vertical frequency (Hz): 50 to 120
The E54 color monitor features factory-preset and user-settable display modes.The actual display modes that are used are a function of the attaching system unit, its operating system, and application software.
Factory preset display modes
|640 x 480||60 Hz NI||31.5 KHz||Std|
|640 x 480||75 Hz NI||37.5 KHz||Std|
|640 x 480||85 Hz NI||43.3 KHz||Std|
|720 x 400||70 Hz NI||31.5 KHz||Ind Std|
|800 x 600||60 Hz NI||37.9 KHz||Std|
|800 x 600||75 Hz NI||46.9 KHz||Std|
|800 x 600||85 Hz NI||53.7 KHz||Std|
|1024 x 768||60 Hz NI||48.4 KHz||Std|
|1024 x 768||70 Hz NI||56.5 KHz||Std|
|1024 x 768||75 Hz NI||60.0 KHz||Std|
|1024 xÂ 768||85 Hz NI||68.7 KHz||Std|
|1280 x 1024||60 Hz NI||64.0 KHz||Std|
NOTE: The factory-preset modes cannot be overwritten, but can be adjusted to personal choice. The new settings are automatically stored in one of the user locations and are recalled each time that mode is used. The facory settings for the mode in use, if any, can be restored by operating the Geometry Reset control.
The E54 monitor is supplied with an attached video signal cable. This cable has the same 15-pin, D-shell video connector for system unit connection as previous monitors.
The E54 monitor has been tested for compatibility with the following PC systems:
|Microsoft Windows NT 4.0||Windows 2000 Pro||Windows 98SE||Video adapter|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Elsa Erazor III|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||SIS 540 Down|
|PC 300 GL|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Intel 810 down|
|PC 300 GL|
|PC 300 PL|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||SR #9 Savage 4|
|PC 300 PL|
|PC 300 PL|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||S3 Trio 3D down|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Intel 815 down|
|Win 200 Adv Server:Yes||S3 Savage 4 |
- Not all available display modes run at the high refresh rates neces- sary for flicker-free performance. Display modes at lower refresh rates are available for compatibility with older graphics adapters and system units.
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, and application software.
- Horizontal and vertical sync-signal timings are critical to achieving acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H/V sync timings for any display mode cannot be stated.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode is not limited by the monitor, but depends upon the capabilities of the adapter the monitor is attached to.
- Mains harmonic reduction is only effective during normal operation and not during power management.
- The power-management function is invoked only after initiating signals are received from the attached system unit or graphics adapter. The method used to implement power management follows the VESA Display Power Management Signalling (DPMS) standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit and/or graphics adapter for monitor power management to be effective.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software to be effective.
NOTE: Not all system units are DDC-enabled. In this situation, the user must configure the system to obtain optimum performance from the system/graphic adapter/monitor combination.
A captive video signal cable is supplied. It is 1.5 meters (4.9 ft) long with a 15-pin, mini D-shell connector.