Processor removal and installation - NetVista 2284
Note: Determine the type of processor you are installing and make sure the jumpers are set correctly. Run the Configuration/Setup Utility after correctly installing a processor.
Attention: Processors are sensitive to static discharge.
- Remove adapter cards if applicable.
- Detach the heat sink cable from the fan connector.
- Remove the fan sink by pressing the release tab (rectangular end) and lifting it up from the processor.
- Pull up the ZIF socket release lever.
- Lift the processor out of the socket.
- Place the ZIF socket release lever to the release (up) position.
Insert the new processor, matching the notched corner of the processor with the pin 1 indicator on the socket.
- Push down the lever to lock the processor to the socket.
- Place the processor heat sink fan over the processor
- Insert one side of fan brace onto the ZIF socket.
- Secure by latching the other side to the ZIF socket.
- Reconnect the processor fan sink cable to the connector FN1 on the system board.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved