These instructions are also available in movie format:
- NetVista 2251, 2254, 2257, 6270, 6276, 6279, 6337, 6342, 6348, 6830, 6831, 6838, 6848 - Cover removal movie
- NetVista 2251, 2254, 2257, 6270, 6276, 6279, 6337, 6342, 6348, 6830, 6831, 6838, 6848 - Cover installation movie
Attention: Touch the bare metal frame of your system unit to dissipate the static electricity from your body. Do not touch any of the components inside the frame before you touch the frame. Do not touch any of the components that have a voltage warning label.
Note: See Taking safety precautions below to disconnect the cables before you perform the following steps.
- Remove the three screws that secure the top cover at the back of the system unit.
- Hold both sides of the system unit cover and push it backward about 25 mm (1 in.). Lift the top cover up to remove it completely.
Taking safety precautions
For your safety and the safety of your equipment, follow these steps before you remove the system unit cover:
- If your computer is on or in any of the power-saving modes, shut down the computer.
- Turn off the computer and any attached devices that have their own power switches.
- Unplug all power cables from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect all communication cables (such as modem or network cables) from communication outlets.
- Disconnect all cables and cords from the computer; this includes power cords, signal cables from external devices, communication cables, and any other cables attached to the computer.
- Proceed to the next section for instructions on removing the cover.