Adapter card removal and installation - NetVista 6266
Installing Adapter Cards
- Remove the screw that secures the adapter card retainer and slot cover. Then remove the card retainer and slot cover.
- Align and insert the adapter card into the adapter card connector.
- Secure the card with the screw that you removed in the first step.
- Reinstall all hardware (except for the slot cover, which cannot be reinstalled) and screws that you removed prior to the installation of the adapter card.
Removing Adapter Cards
Follow these steps to remove an adapter card:
- Position the system unit so that the card is accessible to you.
- If the adapter card has cables, disconnect them. Be sure to take note of where the cable is connected. You will have to reconnect these cables when you reinstall the card.
- Remove the adapter card screw.
- Firmly hold the adapter card and carefully pull it from the card connector.
- If you are not reinstalling the card, reinstall all other hardware and screws that were removed prior to the removal of the adapter card.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved