Internal bays 5-7 removal and installation - NetVista 2271, 6840, 6841
- Remove the cover (see Cover removal).
- Remove the side support bar.
- Remove the front EMC shield for the specific drive bay.
- Pivot the lower drive bay cage outward from the computer, into the locked position.
- Mount DASD rails on the drive you wish to install and slide the drive along the rail guides into the unoccupied drive bay.
- Press the tab that holds the cage in the open position and swing the cage back into operating position.
- Connect the cables to the drive.
- Connect the power and signal cables to the drive.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved