The sleek new ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebook computer promotes productivity and provides easy Internet access. This slim notebook computer is designed for small business at an extremely affordable price.
- Powerful Intel Mobile Celeron processor at 550 MHz or 500 MHz, both with 128 KB L2 cache at processor speed
- Standard 64 MB SDRAM (expandable with optional 32, 64, and 128 MB memory up to 192 MB maximum)
- Large 12.0 or 6.0 GB(3) hard disk drive (HDD)
- Integrated 56 K V.90 modem
- Integrated Ethernet
- High-speed 24x-10x(5) CD-ROM drive
Internet and ease of use innovations
The TrackPoint pointing device with the Internet scroll bar makes it easy to scroll through Web pages and large documents. With the Press to Select feature, you press the TrackPoint pointer itself to select and launch programs, helping you to reduce keystrokes. Four color-coded shortcut keys get you to the Internet and help you access business oriented features like e-mail at the touch of a button.
Incredible mobility with sleek new design
The ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebooks integrate a two spindle design with CD-ROM, hard disk drive, and a 56 K V.90 modem in one convenient package. This entire unit weighs approximately 2.7 kg (6 lb). Optional externally attached diskette, Zip 250 MB, and LS-120 SuperDisk drives are available.
Quality stereo speakers are designed exclusively for ThinkPad i Series for superb sound. This i Series notebook computer has a function key based media center for fast and easy control of music CDs. Enjoy a free trial of America Online to get you up and running on the Web.
Software for Instant productivity
ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebooks come with the Microsoft Windows 2000 preloaded. They also include the Microsoft Office 2000 suite of applications for business productivity and a variety of software applications.
- MHz only measures internal clock speed, not application performance. Many factors affect application performance.
- Optional SDRAM memory modules are available in 32, 64, and 128 MB sizes. Total maximum memory of 192 MB can be achieved by adding a 128 MB memory card to the 64 MB memory that is basic to the system.
- GB equals one billion bytes when referring to HDDs. Accessible capacity may vary.
- This V.90 modem can receive data up to 56 Kbps from a compatible service provider, transmitting data up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit maximum download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum possible.
- Variable read rate. Actual playback speed will vary and is often less than the maximum possible.
- Requires Internet access account, available separately.
- Telephone line charges and surcharges may apply. Online service charges will apply after expiration of final trial period.
- Some software may differ from its retail version (if available), and may not include user's manuals or all program functions.
At a glance
The amazing new IBM ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebook computers feature:
- Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business software
- Powerful Intel Mobile Celeron processor at 550 MHz or at 500 MHz, both with 128 KB L2 cache
- 64 MB of 64-bit 100 MHz SDRAM memory standard (can be upgraded optionally to 192 MB)
- Active matrix display, 338-mm (13.3-in) XGA TFT or 308-mm (12.1-in) SVGA TFT
- High-capacity 12.0 or 6.0 GB hard disk drive (HDD)
- Integrated 56 K V.90 modem
- Integrated Ethernet
- High speed 24x-10x CD-ROM
- TrackPoint with Internet scroll bar helps to speed your way on the Web
- Easy Launch buttons to take you to the Web
- Function key based media center for CD music
- Stereo speakers for rich, full sound
- Ergonomic wrist rest keyboard and TrackPoint technology for premier ease of use
- Universal serial bus (USB) port
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional and selected applications preinstalled
- Microsoft Small Business Edition preinstalled
- SystemXtra Support services and financing
ThinkPad i Series 1300 features
Reasons to consider the ThinkPad i Series 1300 include:
This value packed ThinkPad i Series 1300 notebook computer delivers great performance and capacity for a great price. The sleek design and 2.7 kg (6 lb) weight makes this a truly portable PC. The functional design promotes productivity and usability and makes this a truly great value for professional people and office workers on the go.
Easy to afford with the technology you need
- Lowest prices of any ThinkPad in the family of ThinkPad computers
- Mobile Intel Celeron processors at 550 MHz or 500 MHz
- Large, bright displays
- Great multimedia
- Integrated high-speed HDD and CD-ROM drive
- Quality LynxEM4+ graphics (4 MB VRAM)
- Stereo speakers
- Designed for expandability and flexibility:
- Built in expansion with two USB ports and one open PC card slot
- Optional multiport USB hub one step connection to multiple devices including five additional USB ports, one printer port, one keyboard port, and one mouse port lets you add devices such as Zip 250 MB drive or SuperDisk (LS-120) drive
- Innovative ease of use
Easy access at your fingertips:
- Four color coded, customizable Easy Launch buttons for easy acess to Internet sites specifically designed for the mobile PC user or customize the buttons to launch your favorite Web sites or software applications
- Access ThinkPad; graphical interface gives you access to the most common computing tasks
- Comfortable, full sized keys for easy touch typing with ergonomic palm rest
- TrackPoint pointing device with Press to Select feature
Ready to use productivity tools:
- Microsoft Office 2000 suite of applications for business producivity and Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Other utility, security, and productivity software included
Depending on model, a 13.3-inch XGA TFT or 12.1-inch SVGA TFT brilliantly clear display is available.
Video Modes - i Series 1300 12-inch & 13-inch TFT with LynxEM4+ (4.0 MB VRAM)
|Resolution||LCD ||85Hz ||75Hz ||60Hz|
|640 x 480||16M||16M||16M||16M|
|800 x 600||16M||16M||16M||16M|
|1024 x 768||16M*||16M||16M||16M|
|1280 x 1024||N/A||N/A||N/A||64K|
Note *: Virtual Screen Mode on SVGA LCD
Keyboard and trackpoint
Ergonomically designed for comfort, the ThinkPad i Series 1300 features a full-sized 85 key keyboard with a roomy sculpted palm rest. The TrackPoint with Press to Select provides accurate and convenient pointer and cursor control; pressing the TrackPoint speeds program launches and helps you to reduce keystrokes. The Internet scroll bar liberates you from the stationary scroll bar at the side of the window and allows for quick Web page scrolling. It even works on documents and spreadsheets.
The system features an Intel Mobile Celeron processor at 550 or 500 MHz with 128 KB L2 cache at processor speed.
The ThinkPad i Series 1300 uses non parity, 64-bit 100 MHz SDRAM memory. Standard memory is 64 MB, expandable to a maximum of 192 MB.
The Type III slot can accommodate either one Type I, one Type II, or one Type III PC card. CardBus PC card or Zoomed Video Port PC card is supported.
The new ThinkPad i Series 1300 with its two spindle design weighs approximately 2.7 kg (6 lb) and incorporates a 12.0 GB or 6.0 GB HDD along with a 24x-10x variable speed CD-ROM. An optional 1.44 MB diskette drive can be attached via USB.
The audio subsystem is enhanced with 16 bit stereo audio that supports Sound Blaster Pro. It features built in stereo speakers and a fast CD-ROM. Quality speakers are located on the bottom of the display to direct sound right at the listener and provide maximum stereo separation.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Port
These systems have a standard complement of ports (enhanced parallel, external display, and USB ports). The USB ports, which connect external drives, are available for Windows 2000.
Silicon Motion LynxEM4+ graphics has 4 MB of video memory for captivating presentations.
Using the 56 K V.90 integrated modem, you can browse the Web or send email and files easily.
Easy Internet access and connectivity:
- Four color coded, customizable Easy Launch buttons for easy access to Internet sites specifically designed for the mobile PC user. Customize the buttons to launch your favorite Web sites or software applications.
- Web sites designed by IBM and Lycos specifically for ThinkPad i Series owners to help you save time and be more productive on the Internet -- Easy Launch buttons take you to:
- Start site - for IBM Small Business page with information and advice
- Search site - advanced search capabilities to find the inormation you need quickly
- Word processing - one touch access to Microsoft Word
- E-mail site - send and receive e-mail with Microsoft Outlook
Note : Requires Internet access account, available separately.