Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) removal - NetVista 2179, 6643
- Protect the LCD panel from being scratched.
- Lay the LCD panel down on a flat clean surface over a cloth or other soft material that will protect it from being scratched.
- Be careful not to allow other items to come close to the LCD panel as those items might touch the panel and scratch it.
LCD panel removal
- Remove the rear bucket housing.
- Remove the four corner screws securing the bezel to the LCD housing assembly.
- Gently pull the bezel from the LCD housing. Note the plastic tabs on the bezel.
- Unplug the top and bottom LCD connectors from the power inverter card.
- Remove the four corner screws from the front of the LCD panel to remove the LCD panel.
- As you remove the LCD panel, feed the cables through the holes on the LCD housing assembly.
- Unplug the cable to the Receiver card.
- The LCD panel can now be removed.
Note: If 8 or more pixels are defective on your TFT LCD panel, you qualify for a replacement under your warrantly.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved