Optical and diskette drive removal - NetVista 2179, 6643
These instructions are also available in movie format:
- Remove the upper base cover.
- Release the drive unit device bay to the down position.
- Remove the device bay bezel by gently pulling it out from both sides.
- Unplug the two signal cables from the interface card.
- Push the two white plastic release clips on the top and side of the drive assembly forward to release the drive assembly from the device bay.
- Unplug the other two cables (power and speaker) from the interface card.
- Remove the drive bracket assembly from the front of the device bay.
Removing the drives from the drive bracket assembly
- Unplug the back interface card from the drives.
- Remove the eight screws from both drives.
- Pull drives out from the drive bracket assembly.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved