Keyboard removal and installation - ThinkPad A20, A21m, A21p, A22m, A22p
This document contains instructions for removing and installing the keyboard on the following models:
- ThinkPad A20 (all)
- ThinkPad A21m, A21p
- ThinkPad A22m, A22p
Removing the keyboard
- Remove the battery pack.
- Remove the hard disk drive.
- Remove any Ultrabay 2000 device
- Remove the three screws indicated by 1 in the picture.
- Turn unit over and open LCD
- Lay unit back so base is vertical.
- Press the latch indicated by 4.
- Lift keyboard away from base and out of system as indicated by arrow 5.
Installing the keyboard
- Install the new keyboard, following the directions in the figure. Make sure that the keyboard edges, shown in the figure as (A), (B), and (C), are under the frame.
- Push the Y key 1 to connect the keyboard to the connector on the underside of the key; then push the frame of the keyboard 2 to latch the latches.
- Close lid and turn unit over.
- Replace the three screws removed earlier.
- Insert Ultrabay 2000 device.
- Insert hard disk drive.
- Insert battery pack.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved