At a glance
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter offers a new level of convenience and reliability in a mobile LAN adapter with its innovative integrated connector. With the sturdy RJ-45 connector built right into the adapter card, there is no dongle cable to break, lose, or forget. This convenience is complemented by outstanding performance in connecting today's powerful mobile PCs to Ethernet or Fast Ethernet networks.
Installing the PC99-compliant adapter in a Microsoft Windows 95 or 98 environment is easy with Plug and Play or with the device drivers included on CD for other leading operating systems. The 10/100 EtherJet adapter is designed for very low power consumption, extending the battery life of your system. It is compliant with all relevant industry standards.
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter features include:
- 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps operation through a single, integrated RJ-45 connector
- 32-bit CardBus performance for full access to Fast Ethernet's bandwidth
- Half-duplex and full-duplex operation
- Auto-negotiation to set speed and duplex mode
- Low power consumption
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Compliance with PC99, ACPI, and CardBus Power Management specifications
Lifetime limited Customer Carry-In Exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter
- Installation and User's Guide
- Device drivers on CD-ROM
Product marketing and FRU part number(s)
Part numbers applicable to: worldwide
- Marketing part number: 34L5301
- FRU part number: 34L5309
Additional part numbers
Part number(s) for ordering multiple quantities
- Card pack: 34L5310
- Card packs can be ordered as single units. They are shipped in an overpack box with up to 10 per box. It is preferred that order quantities be in multiples of 10.
Pub and software CD
- FRU part number: 34L5308
- Applicable location(s): Canada, Latin America, United States
- Announce Date: 29 Feb 2000
- Planned Availability Date: 10 Mar 2000
- Withdrawal date: 31 Dec 2002
- Technical specifications
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- Between 0 degrees Celsius and 65 degrees Celsius
- Between 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 149 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 10% and 95% (non-condensing)
- IEC 950
- FCC Part 15 Class B and Part 68
- CE Mark
- UL, CUL
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter is supported on all ThinkPad systems and mobile PC systems with a Type III or two stacked Type II 32-bit CardBus PC Card slots.
The EtherJet adapter is shipped with device drivers for all leading operating systems. The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows 95 and 98
- Microsoft Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, and 2000
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups, Version 3.11
- Novell NetWare, Version 3.12, and later
- OS/2 Warp 4.0
Some configurations may not be compatible.
- In pre-OSR2 versions of Windows 95, CardBus adapters are not supported for Plug and Play. The user will have to manually install the adapter in these systems.
- Windows NT 4.0 does support CardBus adapters when Card and Socket Services are not used. The user must manually install the adapter in these systems.
Installation time is approximately five minutes.