At a glance
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter with 56K Modem delivers:
- Convenience of LAN and modem in one cable-free PC Card
- Fast Ethernet network performance
- Modem speeds up to 56 Kbps
- Low power consumption
Ideal for the mobile computer user, the adapter attaches to 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Ethernet networks through the high-performance 32-bit CardBus interface. At home or traveling, the adapter's modem connects at speeds up to 56 Kbps from points all over the world.
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter with 56K Modem has integrated connectors built into the PC Card:
- No cables to lose or break
Installing the EtherJet adapter is easy:
- Plug and Play in Microsoft Windows 98 or Windows 95
- An installation utility in other environments
- PC 98-compliant
- Ships with device drivers for all leading operating systems
Other key benefits:
- Very low power consumption extends battery life (no power used while inserted in the computer and the LAN and modem cable are disconnected)
- Meets all relevant industry standards
- Compatible with other vendors' computers and networking equipment
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- CD-ROM containing drivers and product information
- Telephone cable
- Safety Manual
- Quick Install Card
Product marketing and FRU part number(s)
Part numbers applicable to: worldwide
- Marketing part number: 34L1301
- FRU part number: 34L1309
Additional part numbers
Part number(s) for ordering multiple quantities
- Card pack: 34L1310
- Card packs are shipped in quantities of as many as 10 adapters per overpack box.
- Card pack withdrawal date: 26 Jun 2001
- Card park effective withdrawal date: 26 Jun 2001
- Announce Date: 11 May 1999
- Planned Availability Date: 28 May 1999
- Withdrawal Date: 26 Jun 2001 (card pack only)
- Effective Withdrawal Date: 26 Jun 2001 (card pack only)
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- Operating between 0 degrees Celsius and 65 degrees Celsius
- Operating between 10% and 95%
The 10/100 EtherJet CardBus Ready Port Adapter with 56K Modem can be installed in any compatible portable PC equipped with two stacked Type II or one Type III CardBus slot. A network adapter cable is not included with these adapters. For 100BASE-TX operation, a UTP-5 cable with an RJ-45 connector is required. For 10BASE-T operation, a UTP-3, -4, or -5 cable is required.
An operating system that supports networking is required. Device drivers for all leading operating systems are provided.
The modem uses a standard Hayes extended AT-compatible command set.
Some configurations may not be supported. In pre-OSR2 versions of Microsoft Windows 95, CardBus adapters are not supported for Plug and Play. The user will have to manually install the adapter, without disabling support for additional PC Cards in the other slot. Windows NT 4.0 does support CardBus adapters when Card and Socket Services are not used. The user must manually install the adapter in these systems.
A network adapter cable is not included with this adapter. The appropriate cabling must be used when connecting the adapter to an Ethernet network:
- UTP-3, -4, or -5 cable with an RJ-45 connector for 10BASE-T networks
- UTP-5 cable for 100BASE-TX networks