|ThinkPad 570E - General Overview|
The ThinkPad 570E establishes a new standard for no-compromise, ultraportable computers.New models come with Windows 98 Second Edition(1) or Windows 2000(2) installed.
Weighing approximately 1.80 kg (3.97 lb)(3), including battery, and 27.94 mm (1.1 in) thin(4), the ThinkPad 570E is the perfect computer for the mobile professional. The ThinkPad 570E UltraBase and its options
transform the ultraportable machine into a great all-in-one notebook.
- Intel Pentium III processors at 450(5) and 500 MHz
- Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP)
- Big, bright 338 mm (13.3-in) TFT active matrix displays
- Full-sized key keyboard with enhanced TrackPoint with Press-to-Select and scroll bar
- 64 MB of 100 MHz SDRAM memory, expandable to 320 MB(6) using memory options from IBM
- 2.5 MB high-performance VRAM for vibrant colors and pictures
- Large 6 or 12 GB(7) customer-upgradable hard disk drive (HDD)
- Integrated data/fax V.90 modem at 56K/14.4Kbps(8)
- Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows 2000 installed with selected applications(9)
The ThinkPad 570E offers excellent performance and versatility in a light, superslim package. Whether on the road or in your office, the ThinkPad 570E system delivers the computing capability you demand.
- UltraBase expansion unit with stereo speakers
- UltraslimBay to support CD-ROM, DVD, LS 120, and more
- Optional Port Replicator with Advanced EtherJet feature (requires UltraBase or Direct Dock Adapter)
- Additional Li-Ion battery
(1) ThinkPad notebooks are delivered with Windows 98 Second Edition preloaded on the hard disk and a Windows 98 recovery CD in the box. For customers who prefer Windows 95, a Windows 95 recovery CD is also included for installation of Windows 95. Installing Windows 95 removes Windows 98.
(2) Certain ThinkPad notebooks are also delivered with Windows 2000 preloaded on the hard disk and a Windows NT recovery CD in the box. For customers who prefer Windows NT, a Windows NT recovery CD is also included for installation. Installing Windows NT removes Windows 2000.
(3) Actual weight may vary depending on features, vendor components, or manufacturing process. See the physical specifications for approximate weight with system components and some options.
(4) Thickness may vary at certain points on the system.
(5) MHz only measures microprocessor internal clock speed, not application performance. Many factors affect application performance.
(6) Optional SDRAM memory modules are available in 32, 64, 128, and 256 MB sizes. Total memory of 320 MB can be achieved by adding 256MB card in the memory slot.
(7) GB equals one billion bytes referring to the hard disk. Actual capacity may vary.
(8) Designed to be capable of receiving data at up to 56 Kbps with a compatible service provider transmitting at up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds vary and are often less than the maximum.
(9) Some software may differ from its retail version, if any, and may not include user's manuals or all program function. Diskette and hardcopy available at an extra charge.
IBM, ThinkPad, TrackPoint, UltraBase and EtherJet are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States or other countries or both.
US, AP, LA, CAN, EMEA
US - ConfigXprt and SystemXtra are trademarks of IBM.
US, AP, LA, CAN, EMEA
Microsoft, Windows 98 SE, Windows NT Workstations and Windows 2000 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation.
Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
At a glance
The slim, lightweight ThinkPad 570E includes these features:
- Mobile Pentium III processors at 450 and 500 MHz, with 256 KB cache memory at processor speed
- Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP)
- 64 MB of SDRAM standard, expandable to 320 MB using IBM memory option
- High-capacity 6.0 or 12.0 GB HDD standard with password protection
- Modem, LAN, and infrared communications
- Enhanced TrackPoint with Press-to-Select and scroll bar
- Full parallel and serial ports for peripheral connections
- Built-in 16-bit stereo PCI audio supports Sound Blaster audio applications
- Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Professional and selected applications
- Optional UltraBase expansion unit with stereo speakers
- Optional Port Replicator with Advanced EtherJet feature
- Three-year limited warranty
ThinkPad 570E Features
Large 338-mm (13.3-in) TFT LCD measured diagonally) with 1024 x 768 resolution display provides excellent viewing.
570E Models (2.5 MB of VRAM)
|Resolution ||LCD Panels |
|External Monitor |
*1: Virtual screen mode*2: @59 Hz
|640 X 480||16M||16M||16M||N/A||16M|
|800 X 600||16M||16M||16M||N/A||16M|
|1024 X 768||16M||16M||16M||16M||16M|
|1280 X 1024 *1||256||N/A||N/A||N/A||256 *2|
Keyboard and TrackPoint with enhanced features
The keyboard has the familiar layout of a ThinkPad notebook with function keys that allow you to quickly access system functions, such as power management control.
The TrackPoint with Press-to-Select enhanced features incorporates Press-to-Select and Release-to-Select. Just tap the TrackPoint to speed icon launches and reduce keystrokes.
Mobile Pentium(R) III processors at 450 MHz(1) or 500 MHz(2), depending on model, for exceptional performance.
Uses non-parity 64-bit 100 MHz SDRAM memory. Stand-rd 64 MB can be expanded to a maximum of 320 MB. Only the ThinkPad 64-bit 100 MHz 32, 64, 128 or 256 MB SDRAM SO DIMMs. The 3.3 V, 144-pin, non-parity memory options, or equivalent, can be used.
The Type III slot accommodates either two Type I, two Type II, or one Type III 16-bit PC card or 32-bit CardBus options. It also supports ZV Port options.
The 6.0 or 12.0 GB HDD with password protection is standard. An external 1.44 MB FDD is also standard.
All models support Sound Blaster audio applications. Systems are equipped with jacks for external stereo speakers or headphone and external microphone.
Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) support with video acceleration and 2.5 MB of video RAM for exceptional video performance.
On-board, industry-standard port for high-speed peripherals such as video cameras.
IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing. The ThinkPad 570E systems are designed to be com-atible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification Version 1.1. They support IrDA 1.1 mode (from 115 Kbps to 4 Mbps).
Preinstalled software provides wireless file transfer, file synchronization, clipboard data transfer, printing, and data exchange. For ThinkPads with the IR feature, data can be exchanged with any system, accessories, or PDAs with the same specifications and data transfer speed. Separate purchase of the appropriate hardware and software may be required to support IR communications with other than IBM systems.
These systems have the full complement of ports:
- Enhanced parallel
- External display