The 10.1GB EIDE Hard drive enhances the Personal Systems Group's (PSG) line of entry-level 5400 rpm EIDE Hard drives for PCs. This high-performance drive:
O ntrack Disk Manager DiskGo! drive installation software is included with each Hard drive providing easy drive installation in just minutes. This software also enables use of the full GB capacity of these large drives despite hardware and operating system limitations that would otherwise limit usable capacity to 2.1GB, 4.2GB or 1 8.4GB. This easy-to-use software is now shipped with all single-packed PSG Desktop EIDE hard drives in CD-ROM format providing full drive installation documentation in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Yields 10.1 GB from a single disk platter and pair of heads, offering a great combination of quality, compatibility, capacity, performance, and value.
- Contains Ultra ATA/66 interface capability, enabling instantaneous data transfers at up to 66 MB/sec.
- Is well-matched to the upgrade capacity needs of one to three year old PC 300 systems.
- Provides significant performance improvement for customers upgrading from our earlier 2.5 GB to 6.4 GB drives by greatly increasing data recording density.
These Hard drives have Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), which warns of predictable forms of impending hard drive failure. Drives predicting failure within the warranty period are eligible for replacement, before failure.. S.M.A.R.T. is compatible with S.M.A.R.T. Reaction software that can perform unattended backup of customer data from the drives before failure.
- Ultra ATA/66 interface performance capability
- Up to 66 MB/sec burst transfer rate (12 to 20 MB/sec sustained data transfer rate)
- 5400 rpm rotational speed
- 9.5 ms typical average read seek times
- 512 KB data buffer (adaptive segmented)
- One-inch, slimline profile
3 year limited Customer Carry-In Exchange
This product replaces
This product was replaced by
- 20.4GB 5400rpm ATA/100 (EIDE) Hard drive
- Part number: 22P7150
One box containing...
Product Marketing and FRU Part Number(s)
- 10.1GB EIDE Hard drive
- User's Guide
- Ontrack Disk Manager DiskGo! installation software
Part numbers applicable to: Worldwide
- Marketing part number: 00N8202
- FRU part number: 36L8681
- Announce date: 18 Jan 2000
- Planned availability date: 11 Feb 2000
- Withdrawal date: 26 Jun 2001
- Effective withdrawal date: 26 Jun 2001
Performance Specifications as known at time of announcement
Physical, Environmental, and Compatibility Specifications as known at time of announcement
- Formatted Capacity: 10.1GB: 10100 MB
- Interface performance: Ultra ATA/66
- Rotational speed: 5400 rpm
- Typical average read seek time: 9.5 ms
- Average latency: 5.6 ms
- Data buffer (adaptive segmented): 512 KB
- Burst transfer rate (max): 66 MB/sec
- Sustained data transfer rate: 12 to 20 MB/sec
- Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
- The total user-accessible capacity can vary slightly based on operating system environments.
Weight Height Width Depth Operating Temperature
- between 5 degrees Celsius and 55 degrees Celsius
- between 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 131 degrees Fahrenheit
Operating: between 5% and 85% (non-condensing)
- CE MARK
No . The ENERGY STAR emblem does not represent EPA endorsement of any product or service.
The 10.1GB 5400 rpm EIDE Hard drive is supported on the following platforms:
- PC 300GL - 6561, 6591, 6263, 6265, 6275, 6285, 6267, 6277, 6287, 6268, 6278, 6288, 6338, 6563, 6564, 6574, 6272, 6282, 6284
- PC 300PL - 6862, 6872, 6892, 6562, 6592
- PC 300XL - 6588
The 10.1GB 5400 rpm EIDE Hard drive is supported in the following environments:
- MSDOS 6.22
- PCDOS 7.0
- PCDOS 2000
- Microsoft Windows 95 A Version, 95 B Version, NT 4.0, 98
- OS/2 4.0
- Netware 4.x
This Hard drive adheres to the ATA/ATAPI-4 (X3T13/D1153 Revision 17) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.
Some configurations may not be supported.
Installation Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- The symbol * is used to denote that the information is currently unavailable for this product.
- All dates are represented in the US English format of mm/dd/yyyy (where mm=month, dd=day, yyyy=year).
- FRU stands for Field Replacement Unit. It is the part number used for ordering service/replacement parts.
- Effective Withdrawal means that on the given date the products will have been withdrawn from marketing. After that date, the product can not be obtained directly.