At a glance
The 10/100 LAN CardBus PC Card provides easy, reliable connections via the cabled card version or the XJACK version. These cards feature a 10Base-T and 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet LAN attachment for notebook PCs with 32-bit CardBus slots. The XJACK version is a durable connector that delivers easy LAN connections and eliminates the need to carry cables. The adapters have an onboard managed PC Boot Agent for improved remote wake up capabilities, which enables network administrators to remotely install software, configure PCs and backup hard drives.
To get you up and running, Intelligent Auto Install installs your PC Card and network drivers in a matter of minutes; Dynamic Access software support makes your 10/100 LAN PC Card an active part of the network for better network performance and easier management; and Transcend SmartAgent software brings simple SNMP management to the desktop level.
Parallel Tasking technology improves application performance by increasing card throughput and lowering CPU utilization.
- Full-duplex operation (simultaneously send/receive data)
- Nway 10/100 Auto-Negotiation (for 10 or 100 Mbps operation)
- Low power consumption (extends notebook battery charge/operation)
- Dynamic Access technology
- Remote Wake Up (RWU): Lowers cost of ownership with remote and after-hours PC maintenance. This card function can be utilized with portable PCs enabled for Remote Wake Up.
- Network management capabilities: Enables traffic prioritization using the IEEE 802.1p standard to send voice, video, and data transmission over the same network and Efficient Multicast Control using the IEEE802.1p GMRP standard to improve network performance by controlling multicast flooding in switched LANs.
The 10/100 LAN CardBus PC Cards provide 10Base-T and 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet LAN attachment for notebook PCs with 32-bit CardBus slots.
- Parallel Tasking Technology: Delivers faster throughput
- Parallel Tasking II Technology: Lowers CPU utilization and speeds up
- Full-Duplex Operation: Simultaneously sends and receives data
- Nway 10/100 Auto-Negotiation: Automatically configures the card for
10 or 100 Mbps operation
- Dynamic Access technology
- Wired for Management 2.0 (WfM 2.0) compliance: Supports WfM industry standards for remote management.
- Standards-based Desktop Management Interface (DMI 2.0): Delivers information for inventory control, auditing and remote systems monitoring.
- Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) compliance: Reduces power consumption and enables Remote Wake Up.
- Managed PC Boot Agent: Provides automated setup of new PCs, decentralized software distribution, and remote troubleshooting (PXE 2.0 compliant).
The warranty for this product is a limited lifetime warranty from 3COM Corporation.
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- 10/100 LAN CardBus PC Card (Single Pack - includes cable) with manual and software CD
Product marketing and FRU part number(s)
Part numbers applicable to: worldwide
- Marketing part number: 09N3701
- FRU part number: 09N3709
Additional part numbers
Part number(s) for ordering multiple quantities :
- 6-inch 100BASETX Cable
- FRU part number: 00N9783
- Applicable location(s): World Wide
- Announce date: 25 Oct 1999
- Planned availability date: 03 Dec 1999
- withdrawal date: 31 Dec 2002
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- between 0 degrees Celsius and 70 degrees Celsius
- between 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 158 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 10% and 90%
- FCC part 15 Class B
- CE Mark
- EN55022 Class B (CISPR B)
- VCCI Class 2
No . The ENERGY STAR emblem does not represent EPA endorsement of any product or service.
The 10/100 LAN CardBus PC Card is supported on the following platforms:
- ThinkPad 770 - 9548, 9549- 5xx, 3xx, 4xx, 1xx
- ThinkPad 600 - 2645 - All
- ThinkPad 600E - 2646 - All
- ThinkPad 570 - 2643, 2644 - All
- ThinkPad 560X - 2640- 6xx, 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, Bxx
- ThinkPad 390 - 2626 - All
- ThinkPad 240 - 2609 - All
NOTE: Systems should be upgraded to the latest bios level to ensure proper operation with various operating systems.
One of the following operating environments:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Windows CE
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows 95
- DOS ODI
- Tested with ThinkPads: 770, 600, 600E, 570, 560E, 560X, 390, and 240
- This adapter is compatible with PCMCIA 2.0/2.1 and PC Card standards; NDIS2 for DOS; NDIS3 for Windows for Workgroups; Windows NT for 3.51; NDIS4 for Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0; NDIS5 for Windows 98; Windows CE 2.0/2.1. IEEE 802.3, and IEEE 802.3u.
NOTE: Some configurations may not be compatible. On some systems the default resource values may result in conflicts, requiring a change in these values.
- In pre-OSR2 versions of Windows 95, CardBus adapters are not supported for Plug and Play. The user must manually install the adapter without disabling support for additional PC Cards in the other slot.
- Windows NT 4.0 does not support CardBus adapters when Card and Socket Services are not used. The user must manually install the adapter in these systems.