The ThinkPad 240 is a superslim, compact, ultralight notebook designed for ultimate usability. Weighing approximately 1.35 kg (2.98 lb)(1), including battery, and 26.6 mm (1.05 in) x 260 mm (10.2 in) x 202 mm (8.0 in), the ThinkPad 240 is the ideal computer for the mobile professional who wants the power of a PC with the portability of a notebook.
Superior usability and ergonomics
No need to struggle with tiny typing keys -- the ThinkPad 240 keyboard QWERTY keys are 95% the size of current standard ThinkPad notebook keyboards. TrackPoint cursor control and palm rest provide excellent ergonomics in a mini-notebook.
Incredible computing power
- Intel(R) Celeron(TM) 366 MHz(2) processor
- Bright 264.16-mm (10.4-in) SVGA (800 x 600 resolution) TFT screen
- Large 6.4 GB(3) hard disk drive (HDD)
- 64 MB SDRAM, can be upgraded to 192 MB (8)
- Integrated 56K V.90 modem(4)
Parallel and serial ports for printing and communications are standard.
Fast connectivity on the road with integrated 56 Kbps V.90 modem and infrared wireless communication with up to 4 Mbps IR. Add other communications options via the PC CardBus slot.
All systems are preloaded with the Windows 98(5) operating system and selected applications(6) to fully exploit the features of the ThinkPad 240. Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0 operating systems are supported(7).
The ThinkPad 240 offers superb performance and versatility in a light, superslim package. Whether you are on the road or in your office, the ThinkPad 240 system delivers the computing capabilities you demand, when and where you need it.
(1) Actual weight and thickness may vary depending on vendor components, manufacturing process, or options. Weight does not include external diskette drive.
(2) MHz only measures microprocessor internal clock speed, not application performance. Many factors affect application performance.
(3) GB equals one billion bytes when referring to the hard disk. Accessible capacity varies.
(4) These V.90 modems are capable of receiving data at up to 56 Kbps with K56Flex or V.90 compatible phone line and server equipment and transmitting data at up to 31.2 Kbps. Public networks currently limit download speeds to about 53 Kbps. Actual speeds vary and are often less than the maximum.
(5) ThinkPad notebooks are delivered with Windows 98 preloaded on the hard disk and a Windows 98 recovery CD in the box. For customers who prefer Windows 95, a Windows 95 recovery CD is also included for installation of Windows 95. Installing Windows 95 removes Windows 98.
(6) Some software may differ from its retail version, if any, and may not include user manuals or all program function.For non-IBM software applicable third-party licenses may apply.
(7) Operating systems other than that preinstalled on the system may not provide full function. Visit http://www.lenovo.com/support , select a notebook brand, click Product Information, choose your machine type, and click on Product Limitations.
(8) Optional SDRAM memory modules are available in 32 MB, 64 MB, and 128 MB sizes. Total memory of 192 MB can be achieved by adding 128 MB card in the second slot.
ThinkPad 240 features
The new high-function ThinkPad 240 system brings you innovative technology, quick productivity with preinstalled software, and outstanding service and support at an attractive price.
Reasons to consider the ThinkPad 240 include:
- Mobile Intel Celeron processor at 366 MHz, and 128 KB of on-board L2 cache
- PCI bus, capable of 32-bit transfers for faster performance
- Li-Ion (three-cell) battery standard
- Integrated 56 Kbps V.90 modem standard
- Wired for Management (WfM)-compliant Version 1.1a (DMI 2.0 WOL)
- Windows 98 preinstalled with selected software applications
- Windows 95 installed with selected applications on Japanese 2609-35J model.
Large 264.16-mm (10.4-in) TFT LCD (measured diagonally) with 800 x 600 resolution display enables excellent viewing and helps lessen the glare indoors.
*1: Virtual screen mode on 264.16-mm (10.4-in) LCD
|Resolution ||TFT - LCD ||85Hz (External) ||75Hz (External) ||70Hz (External) ||60Hz (External) |
Keyboard and TrackPoint with enhanced features
The keyboard has the familiar layout of a ThinkPad notebook keyboard with function keys that allow you to quickly access system functions, such as power management control.
The TrackPoint with Press-to-Select enhanced features incorporates Press-to-Select and Release-to-Select. Just tap the TrackPoint to speed icon launches and reduce keystrokes.
Mobile Intel Celeron processor at 366 MHz for exceptional performance.
Uses non-parity 64 MB SDRAM memory. Memory can be expanded to a maximum of 192 MB.
The slot accommodates either one Type I or one Type II, 16-bit PC card or 32-bit CardBus options. CardBus is not supported under Windows NT.
The 6.4 GB HDD with password protection is stand ard. An external 1.44 MB FDD is also standard.
Japanese Windows 95 models: the 6.4 GB HDD is standard on the Japanese 2609-25J. Password protection is also standard.
All models support Sound Blaster Audio applications. Systems are equipped with jacks for external stereo speakers or headphone and external microphone.
PCI local bus support with video acceleration and 2.0 MB of video RAM for exceptional video performance.
On-board, industry standard port for high-speed peripherals such as video cameras.
The ThinkPad 240 systems are designed to be compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) IR data link specification Version 1.1. They support IrDA 1.1 mode (from 9600 bps to 4 Mbps).
Preinstalled software provides wireless file transfer, file synchronization, clipboard data transfer, printing, and data exchange with ThinkPads. With the IR feature, data can be exchanged with any system, accessories, or PDAs with the same specifications and data transfer speed. Separate purchase of the appropriate hardware and software may be required to support IR communications with other than IBM systems.
These systems have the full complement of ports:
- Enhanced parallel
- External display