20.4GB 7200rpm EIDE hard drive - Overview
This hard drive extends the line of peak performing, second generation, 7200 rpm EIDE hard drives for PCs and IntelliStations. This drive:
- Offers performance far beyond last year's best EIDE models due to improved seek times and vastly improved recording densities.
- Contains Ultra ATA/66 interface capability, enabling instantaneous data transfers at up to 66 MB/sec.
- Is well matched to the mainstream and extended-capacity needs of workstation and high-end client system users.
Warranty: 3 year limited Customer Carry-In Exchange
- Ultra ATA/66 interface performance
- One-inch, slimline profile
This product replaces:
This product was replaced by:
One box containing...
Marketing and FRU Part Numbers
- 20.4GB EIDE Drive
- User's Guide
- Ontrack Disk Manager DiskGo! installation software
Additional Part Numbers
- Marketing part number -> 33L5044
- FRU part number -> 37L5723
Part number(s) for ordering multiple quantities:
- Announce Date-> 5/25/1999
- Planned Availability Date-> 5/28/1999
- Effective Withdrawal Date-> Not Applicable
Performance Specifications as known at time of announcement:
Average latency (average rotational delay): 4.2 ms
Burst transfer rate (max): 66 MB/sec
Formatted capacity: 20400 MB
Rotational speed: 7200 rpm
Sustained data transfer rate: 10 to 17 MB/sec
Interface performance: Ultra ATA/66
Typical average read seek time: 9ms
Data buffer (adaptive segmented): 512 KB (Up to 132 KB reserved for drive firmware)
Physical, Environmental, and Compatibility Specifications as known at time of announcement:
- Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
- When referring to hard drive capacity MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1000 million bytes. Actual capacities vary based on different operating environments.
- The total user-accessible capacity can vary slightly based on operating system environments.
Weight: * lbs (.59 kg)
Height: * inches (2.59 cm)
Width: * inches (10.2 cm)
Depth: * inches (14.67 cm)
- low of 5 degrees Celsius to a high of 55 degrees Celsius
- low of 41 degrees Fahrenheit to a high of 131 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: low of 5% to a high of 85% (non-condensing)
ENERGY STAR-Compliant: No. The ENERGY STAR emblem does not represent EPA endorsement of any product or service.
- CE Mark
Hardware Requirements :
The hard drive is supported on all models of the following platforms:
Supported Operating Systems:
- PC 300GL (6275, 6277, 6285, 6287, 6561, 6591)
- PC 300PL (6862, 6892)
- PC 300XL (6588)
- IntelliStation E Pro (6893)
- IntelliStation M Pro (6888, 6889, 6898)
- IntelliStation Z Pro (6865, 6899)
The drive is supported in the following environments:
Compatibility: The drive adheres to the ATA/ATAPI-4 (X3T13/D1153 Revision 17) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.
- MSDOS 6.22
- PCDOS 7.0
- PCDOS 2000
- Microsoft Windows(R) 3.1
- Windows(R) 95 A version
- Windows(R) 95 B version
- Windows NT(R) 4.0
- Windows(R) 98
- OS/2 4.0
- Netware 4.x
- The symbol * is used to denote that the information is currently unavailable for this product.
- All dates are represented in the US English format of mm/dd/yyyy (where mm=month, dd=day, yyyy=year).
- FRU stands for Field Replacement Unit. It is the part number used for ordering service/replacement parts.
- Effective Withdrawal means that on the given date the products will have been withdrawn from marketing. After that date, the product can not be obtained directly.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved