10.1GB 7200rpm EIDE hard drive - Overview
This hard drive extends the line of peak performing, second generation, 7200 rpm EIDE hard drives for PCs and IntelliStations. This drive:
- Offers performance far beyond last year's best EIDE models due to improved seek times and vastly improved recording densities.
- Contains Ultra ATA/66 interface capability, enabling instantaneous data transfers at up to 66 MB/sec.
- Is well matched to the mainstream and extended-capacity needs of workstation and high-end client system users.
- Ultra ATA/66 interface performance
- One-inch, slimline profile
3 year limited Customer Carry-In Exchange
This product replaces
This product was replaced by
One box containing:
- 10.1GB EIDE Drive
- User's Guide
- Ontrack Disk Manager DiskGo! installation software
Marketing and FRU Part Numbers
- Marketing part number -> 33L4958
- FRU part number -> 37L5717
- Announce date: 25 May 1999
- Planned availability date: 28 May 1999
- Withdrawal date: 14 Aug 2001
- Effective withdrawal date: 28 Aug 2001
Performance specifications as known at time of announcement
- Average latency (average rotational delay): 4.2 ms
- Burst transfer rate (max): 66 MB/sec
- Formatted capacity: 10100MB
- Rotational speed: 7200RPM
- Sustained data transfer rate: 10 to 17 MB/sec
- Interface performance: Ultra ATA/66
- Typical average read seek time: 9ms
- Data buffer (adaptive segmented): 512 KB (Up to 132 KB reserved for drive firmware)
- Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
- When referring to hard drive capacity MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1000 million bytes. Actual capacities vary based on different operating environments.
- The total user-accessible capacity can vary slightly based on operating system environments.
Physical, Environmental, and Compatibility Specifications as known at time of announcement:
- low of 5 degrees Celsius to a high of 55 degrees Celsius
- low of 41 degrees Fahrenheit to a high of 131 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: low of 5% to a high of 85% (non-condensing)
- CE Mark
No. The ENERGY STAR emblem does not represent EPA endorsement of any product or service.
The hard drive is supported on all models of the following platforms.
Supported operating systems
- PC 300GL (6275, 6277, 6285, 6287, 6561, 6591)
- PC 300PL (6862, 6892)
- PC 300XL (6588)
- IntelliStation E Pro (6893)
- IntelliStation M Pro (6888, 6889, 6898)
- IntelliStation Z Pro (6865, 6899)
The drive is supported in the following environments.
- Microsoft MSDOS 6.22
- PCDOS 7.0
- PCDOS 2000
- Windows(R) 3.1
- Windows(R) 95 A version
- Windows(R) 95 B version
- Windows NT(R) 4.0
- Windows(R) 98
- OS/2 4.0
- Netware 4.x
The drive adheres to the ATA/ATAPI-4 (X3T13/D1153 Revision 17) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.
- The symbol * is used to denote that the information is currently unavailable for this product.
- All dates are represented in the US English format of mm/dd/yyyy (where mm=month, dd=day, yyyy=year).
- FRU stands for Field Replacement Unit. It is the part number used for ordering service/replacement parts.
- Effective Withdrawal means that on the given date the products will have been withdrawn from marketing. After that date, the product can not be obtained directly.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved