At a glance
The ThinkPad Mini-Dock (287810U, 287810A, 2878) features and benefits include:
- Pass-through connection of all ThinkPad ports RJ11 for modem and RJ45 for 10/100/1000 GB Ethernet/MiniPCI card architecture support from the ThinkPad notebook
- Serial, parallel, keyboard, mouse, FDD, monitor, four USB 2.0 integrated hub, line-in, line-out, and digital monitor support/DVI (*)
- External 120W AC power supply
- System on/off button on Mini-Dock
- Volume control via external keyboard and software utility
- Key-lock security support
(*) Supports up to SXGA resolution
1 year Limited - customer carry-in exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- ThinkPad Mini-Dock
- 120W AC Adapter
- Announce date: 28 Jan 2003
- Planned availability date: 28 Jan 2003
- Planned availability date: Feb 2003 (Latin America)
- Effective withdrawal date: 25 Sep 2007
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
WeightHeight Width Depth
At 0 - 8000 ft Altitude:
- between 5 degrees Celsius and 35 degrees Celsius
- between 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 95 degrees Fahrenheit
At 10,000 ft Altitude:
- between 5 degrees Celsius and 31.3 degrees Celsius
- between 41 degrees Fahrenheit and 88 degrees Fahrenheit
- Operating: between 8% and 95% (non-condensing)
- CSA (C-UL)
- CE (EC DoC)
- CCIB (CCC)
The ThinkPad Mini-Dock is supported on the following systems:
|ThinkPad A Series||2628, 2629, 2633, 2652, 2653, 2654, 2655, 2663, 2664||All|
|ThinkPad T Series||2647, 2648, 2366, 2367, 2373, 2374, 2378, 2668, 2669, 1871, 1875||All|
|ThinkPad X Series ||2660, 2661, 2662, 2672, 2673||All|
|ThinkPad R Series ||1829, 1836, 2656, 2657, 2658, 2659, 2676, 2677, 2681, 2682, 2683 ||All|
Note: The ThinkPad 72W AC/DC Combo adapter is not compatible with ThinkPad Mini-Docking Station
The ThinkPad Mini-Dock supports the same operating system as the system. The ThinkPad Mini-Dock does not support Microsoft Windows 95 or LINUX operating systems. USB 2.0 is not supported on Windows 95, Window 98, Windows Me, or Windows NT. USB 1.1 is not supported on Windows 95 or Windows NT*.
* Limited support for USB keyboard and mouse only by using customized 2 driver.
- When you use the Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive with Rapid Restore, option part number 09N4211, on the ThinkPad Mini-Dock, plug the cables into the two vertical pairs of the USB ports. This option may not work properly when plugging the two cables into the two horizontal pairs or the two diagonal pairs of the USB ports.
- USB 32MB Memory Key, option part number 22P5295, is not supported on the ThinkPad Mini-Dock.
Approximately 30 minutes.