Keyboard removal and installation movie - ThinkPad T20, T21, T22
Before you begin
- Turn the machine off.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Remove the main battery.
Battery removal movie.
Text of the audio portion of the keyboard installation and removal movie
To remove the keyboard:
- Turn the machine over and remove the two screws on the bottom. Note that the screws are identified by icons.
- Push the tab on the keyboard assembly up to release the TrackPoint. Here is a closer look at the action.
- Then lift the keyboard up to release it from the bezel and lift it out of the frame.
To install the keyboard:
- Align the back corner tabs of the keyboard under the back edge of the top cover and snap the two corners into the frame.
- Push the Y key to seat the keyboard on the connector. Here is a closer look at the aligning tabs.
- Secure with the two screws on the bottom.
View detailed keyboard installation and removal instructions for ThinkPad T20, T21, T22 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved