At a glance
The new EIDE Hard Drive options for desktop systems, the 80 GB 7,200 rpm ATA/100 (EIDE) hard drives, can deliver 23 to 44 MBps of sustained data by using the ATA/100 interface.
These new hard drives are suitable for the high-performance data storage and retrieval needs of 7,200 rpm ATA hard drive-enabled systems.
Ontrack Disk Manager 2000, an easy-to-use drive installation software package, is now included with all PCD single-packed desktop EIDE hard drives. This software helps to overcome BIOS and operating system addressing limitations that could otherwise limit usable drive capacity. The software is in CD-ROM format with installation instructions in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese(6). Disk Manager 2000 also facilitates data migration so upgrade customers can benefit from the performance advantages of the new drive.
These drives have Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), which warns of predictable impending hard drive failure. S.M.A.R.T. is compatible with Rapid Restore PC software (available separately), which can perform unattended backup of customer data from the drive before failure.
- 80,000 MB formatted capacity
- 4.2 ms average latency
- Less than 9.0 ms typical average read seek time
- 2 MB adaptive buffer
- Sustained data rates of 23 to 44 MBps
- ATA/100 interface capability enabling up to 100 MB/sec instantaneous interface data transfers
- Slim, one-inch-high profile
- Three-year limited warranty
3 year limited - Customer Carry-In Exchange
You will receive one box containing the following items:
- 80 GB 7,200 rpm ATA/100 (EIDE) hard drive
- User's Guide and Ontrack Disk Manager 2000 CD
- Warranty supplement
- Announce date: 28 Jan 2003
- Planned availability date: 7 Feb 2003
Performance specifications as known at time of announcement
- Formatted capacity: 80 GB
- Rotational speed: 7,200 rpm
- Average latency: 4.2 ms
- Typical average read seek time: <9.0 ms
- Data buffer (adaptive segmented): 2 MB
- Interface performance: Ultra ATA/100
- Burst transfer rate (maximum): 100 MBps
- Sustained data transfer rate: 23 to 44 MBps
- The total user-accessible capacity can vary slightly based on operating system environments.
- Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
- Data Buffer - Up to 384 KB reserved for drive firmware.
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
Weight: .64 kg
Height: 2.59 cm
Width: 10.2 cm
Depth: 14.67 cm
- Between 5 degrees celsius and 55 degrees celsius
- Between 41 degrees fahrenheit and 131 degrees fahrenheit
- Operating: between 8% and 90%
- CE Mark
The 80 GB 7,200 rpm ATA/100 (EIDE) hard drive is supported on the following Systems:
|PC 300GL||6263, 6265, 6268,6275, 6278*, 6285, 6288*, 6338*, 6561,6563*, 6564*, 6574*, 6591, 6593* ||All|
|PC 300PL||6562, 6565, 6584, 6592, 6594, 6862, 6892, 6566, 6595, 6872||All|
|PC 300XL ||6588 ||All|
|NetVista A20 ||6269*, 6270* ||All|
|6336, 6337, 6339, 6341, 6342, 6346,|
|NetVista A21i ||2254, 2256, 2257 ||All|
|NetVista A22p||2292, 6343, 6349, 6350, 6823, 6825 ||All|
|NetVista A30/A30p ||8309, 8310, 8311, 8312, 8313, 8314,|
|NetVista A40i||2251*, 2271 ||All|
|NetVista A40/A40p ||6058*, 6059*, 6568, 6569, 6578*, 6579*, 6648, 6649, 6830*, 6831*, 6840, 6841 ||All|
|NetVista A60||6833, 6838 ||All|
|NetVista A60i||6832, 6848 ||All|
|NetVista M41 ||6790, 6791, 6792, 6793, 6794, 6795 ||All|
|NetVista M42 ||8303, 8304, 8305, 8306, 8307 ||All|
NOTE: * These systems can only accommodate a 7,200 rpm drive if the standard drive already in the system is also 7,200 rpm or if the system has an internal cooling fan in addition to the fans that are a part of the power supply or system processor.
Disk Manager 2000 is supported in the following environments:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Windows Me
- Windows XP
Some configurations may not be compatible.
This hard drive adheres to the ATA/ATAPI-4 (X3T13/D1153 Revision 17) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.