Keyboard removal movie - ThinkPad X20
Keyboard installation movie
To remove the keyboard:
- With the machine off, turn the machine over.
- Remove the main battery.
- Remove these four screws on the ThinkPad X20 and X21 systems. Remove these three screws on the ThinkPad X22, X23, and X24 systems. A diamond-shaped icon identifies the screws.
- Turn the machine over.
- Open the LCD cover.
- With your hands under the machine, within the battery compartment, push with one finger the metal edge of the keyboard up to lift the mouse keys area of the keyboard.
- Grasp the mouse keys area of the keyboard, and lift the front of the keyboard up to release the front tabs.
- Pull the keyboard forward and disconnect the keyboard cable from the system board.
ThinkPad movie index
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do try the following options:
1. Lenovo Assisted Search
2. Product usage and general troubleshooting tips
3. Lenovo Support Forum
4. Technical Support Call Centre
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved