Memory (DIMM) removal and installation - NetVista 2292, 6350, 6794, 6795, 6822, 6823, 6825
Note: The computer has three connectors for installing dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs) that provide up to a maximum of 1.5 GB of system memory.
Installing and removing DIMM
When installing DIMMs, the following rules apply:
- Fill each system memory connector sequentially, starting at DIMM 1
- Use 3.3 V, synchronous, 168-pin, unbuffered, 133 MHz nonparity synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM)
- Use 64 MB, 128 MB, 256 MB, or 512 MB DIMMs in any combination
- DIMM heights of 38.1 mm (1.5 inches)
To install a DIMM:
- Remove the cover. For more information, click Cover removal.
- You might have to remove an adapter to gain access to the DIMM slots. For more information, click Adapter installation .
- To locate the DIMM connectors. For more information, view the system board diagram.
- Open the retaining clips.
- Make sure the notches in the DIMM align with the tabs on the connector. Push or insert the DIMM straight down into the connector until the retaining clips close.
- To complete the installation, go to Replacing the cover and connecting the cables.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved