Memory (DIMM) removal and installation - NetVista 6043, 6343, 6790, 6791
These instructions are also available in movie format:
- NetVista 6043, 6790, 6791, 8181, 8303, 8304, 8312 - Memory installation movie
- NetVista 6043, 6790, 6791, 8181, 8303, 8304, 8312 - Memory removal movie
The computer has three connectors for installing dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs) that provide up to a maximum of 1 GB of system memory.
Note: Your computer will only support DIMM 1 and DIMM 2 (from left to right). DIMM 3 will not be used due to mechanical restrictions.
Installing and removing DIMM
When installing DIMMs, the following rules apply:
- Fill each system memory connector sequentially, starting at DIMM 1
- Use 3.3 V, synchronous, 168-pin, unbuffered, 133 MHz, nonparity, synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM)
- Use 64 MB, 128 MB, 256 MB, or 512 MB DIMMs in any combination
- DIMM heights of 38.1 mm (1.5 inches)
To install a DIMM:
- Remove the cover. For more information, click Removing the cover.
- To locate the DIMM connectors. For more information, view the system board diagram.
- Open the retaining clips.
- Make sure the notches in the DIMM align with the tabs on the connector. Push or insert the DIMM straight down into the connector until the retaining clips close.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved