Processor module removal - NetVista 6029
- To replace the microprocessor on any of the machine types, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and peripheral devices and disconnect all external cables and power cords; then, remove the cover. See Removing the cover.
- Press down and back on the silver tab holding the fansink in place to release it and pivot the retaining bar off of the fansink notches.
- To remove the fansink from the processor, twist the fansink to break the seal formed by the thermal grease and remove.
Note: If the thermal grease seal cannot be broken, you may want to start up the system to heat the processor and loosen the thermal grease.
- Pull out and lift up the processor socket lever arm upward to its maximum vertical position to release the processor.
- Lift the processor out of the system board.
Note: When you install the new processor, make sure to reinstall the fansink to insure proper cooling.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved