- Outstanding 7200 rpm EIDE hard drive upgrade options for selected models of the IntelliStation, NetVista, Netfinity and eServer xSeries systems with a new 60GB 7200 rpm ATA/100 hard drive.
- Utilizing some of the latest storage technology, which packs its full capacity on just three disk surfaces, this new drive can deliver up to 25 to 40 MBps of sustained data. It is well matched to the high-performance data storage and retrieval needs of 7200 rpm ATA hard drive enabled systems.
- Ontrack Disk Manager DiskGo! drive installation software is included with each hard drive, for easy drive installation. This software also overcomes BIOS and operating system addressing limitations that could otherwise limit usable drive capacity to 2.1, 4.2, 8.4 or 32GB. This easy-to-use software is now shipped with all PCD single-packed desktop EIDE hard drives. The software is in CD-ROM format with installation instructions in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese. DiskGo! also facilitates data migration so upgrade customers can fully benefit from the performance advantages of the new drive.
- The 60GB 7200 rpm ATA/100 hard drive has Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), which warns of predictable impending hard drive failure. Drives predicting failure within the limited warranty period are eligible for replacement, before failure. S.M.A.R.T. is compatible with Rapid Restore PC software (available separately), which can perform unattended backup of customer data from the drive before failure.
- This hard drive benefits from outstanding drive quality, reliability, compatibility, and testing program. Ongoing quality management in support of this production provides options customers with drives continually selected from among the highest-quality hard drives available. Offered with a three-year limited warranty, this drive takes on the warranty terms of the PC system in which it is installed. For some PCs, this also provides on-site service for up to three years.
- The new 60GB 7200 rpm ATA/100 hard drive offers an upgrade selected from the highest-quality hard drives available. Features include:
- 60,000 MB formatted capacity
- 4.2 ms average latency
- Less than 9.0 ms typical average read seek time
- 2 MB adaptive buffer
- Sustained data rates of 25 to 40 MBps
- 20GB per disk surface data recording density
- ATA/100 interface capability enabling up to 100 MB/sec instantaneous interface data transfers
- Slim, one-inch-high profile
- Three-year limited warranty
3 year limited - customer carry in exchange
- 60GB 7200RPM ATA/100 (EIDE) Hard drive
- User's Guide and User's Guide Supplement
- Ontrack Disk Manager DiskGo! installation software
Product marketing and replacement part numbers (FRU)
- Description: 60GB 7200RPM ATA/100 (EIDE) Hard Disk Drive
- Marketing part number: 09N4207
- Replacement part number: 19K1570
- Announce date: 18 Sep 2001
- Planned availability date: 31 Oct 2001
Performance specifications as known at time of announcement
- Formatted capacity: 60GB
- Rotational speed: 7200 rpm
- Average latency: 4.2 ms
- Typical average read seek time: <9.0 ms
- Data buffer (adaptive segmented): 2 MB(2)
- Interface performance: Ultra ATA/100
- Burst transfer rate (maximum): 100 MB/sec
- Sustained data transfer rate: 25 to 40 MBps
(1) Actual performance varies based on many factors and is often less than the maximum possible.
(2) Up to 384 KB reserved for drive firmware
Note: The total user-accessible capacity can vary slightly based on operating system environments.
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
WeightHeight Width Depth
- Between 5 degrees celsius and 55 degrees celsius
- Between 41 degrees fahrenheit and 131 degrees fahrenheit
- Operating: between 5% and 85% (non-condensing)
NOTE: To achieve the drive's potential high-reliability level, the system should provide sufficient air movement to maintain the drive surface temperature below 60 deg C.
- CE Mark
|System Name||Machine Type||Model|
|Aptiva||2158, 2163, 2164, 2170, 2171, 2172, 2173, 2174, 2178, 2194, 2198, 2274, 2284, 6864 ||All|
|PC 300GL||6263, 6265, 6268*, 6275, 6278*, 6285, 6288*, 6338*, 6561, 6563*, 6564*, 6574*, 6591, 6593*||All|
|PC 300PL||6562, 6565, 6584, 6592, 6594, 6862, 6892, 6566, 6595, 6872||All|
|NetVista A20||6269*, 6270* ||All|
|NetVista A21||6336, 6337, 6339, 6341, 6342, 6346, 6347, 6348||All|
|NetVista A21i||2254, 2256, 2257||All|
|NetVista A22p||2292, 6343, 6349, 6350, 6823, 6825||All|
|NetVista A40i||2251*, 2271||All|
|NetVista A40/A40p||6058*, 6059*, 6568, 6569, 6578*, 6579*, 6648, 6649, 6830*, 6831*, 6840, 6841||All|
|NetVista A60||6833, 6838||All|
|NetVista A60i||6832, 6848 ||All|
|NetVista M41||6790, 6791, 6792, 6793, 6794, 6795||All|
|IntelliStation E Pro||6204, 6214, 6836, 6846, 6867, 6893||All|
|IntelliStation M Pro||6849, 6850, 6868, 6878, 6889, 6897||All|
|IntelliStation R Pro||6851||All|
|Netfinity 1000 IDE ||8477||All|
|eServer xSeries 200||8478||All|
* These systems can only accommodate a 7200RPM drive if the standard drive already in the system is also 7200RPM or if the system has an internal cooling fan in addition to the fans that are a part of the power supply or system processor.
The 60GB 7200 rpm ATA/100 EIDE hard drive is supported in the following environments:
- MS-DOS 6.22
- PC DOS 7.0
- PC DOS 2000
- Microsoft Windows 3.1
- Windows 95 A version
- Windows 95 B version
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 98
- Windows Me
- OS/2 4.0
- NetWare 4.x
This hard drive adheres to the ATA/ATAPI-4 (X3T13/D1153 Revision 17) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard.
NOTE: Some configurations may not be compatible.
Approximately 30 minutes