At a glance
The Zip 100 MB UltraslimBay Drive for ThinkPad lets you save valuable hard drive space. This option increases the storage capacity up to 100 MB on a single, 3.5-inch diskette, providing 70 times more storage than a traditional diskette. This hard drive fits easily into the ThinkPad 600 UltraslimBay. ThinkPad 600 customers can use the Zip disk drive to:
- Transfer large data files
- Store information from the Internet
- Back up hard drives
This storage option can accommodate graphics, photos, sound, and video on a single diskette without compression. In addition to saving disk space, this option delivers up to twenty times the performance (sustained data transfer rate) of the 1.44 MB diskette drive. Warm-swappable function, included with the ThinkPad 600E, is supported when the enclosed hot/warm swap drivers are installed.
The Zip 100 MB UltraslimBay Drive for ThinkPad offers improved performance and additional storage space. Features include:
- High-capacity, removable storage of up to 100 MB per Zip data cartridge, as much information as 70 1.44 MB diskettes
- 1100 KB/sec sustained data transfer rate, up to 20 times faster than a 1.44 MB diskette drive
- Full suite of software applications (Zip Tools) to manage and back up programs
1 year limited Customer Carry-In Exchange
One box containing
- Zip 100MB Drive
- User's guide
- Setup diskette
- BIOS diskette
- Hot/warm swap driver CD-ROM
- ThinkPad CD-ROM Carrying Case
- Zip Tools CD-ROM
Marketing and FRU part numbers
Marketing part number -> 37L1504
FRU part number -> 37L1506
- Announce Date-> 12/01/1998
- Planned Availability Date-> 12/18/1998
Performance Specifications as known at time of announcement
- Average sustained: up to 11.2 Mbits/sec
- Average burst: up to 26.7 Mbits/sec
- Active: <3.75 W
- Idle: <1.25 W
- Standby: <250 mW
- Sleep: <1 mw
29 ms (average)
Operating shock 7G
1/2 sine wave for 11 ms, 20 sec delay between pulse
Operating vibration 0.7G
0-peak at 5-17 Hz
Operating vibration 0.25G
0-peak at 17-225 Hz
Non-operating shock 100G
for 11 ms
Non-operating shock 200G
for 2 ms
1.2G: 0-peak at 7-28 Hz
2.0G: 0-peak at 28-62 Hz
5.0G: 0-peak at 62-500 Hz
Physical, environmental, and compatibility specifications as known at time of announcement
- Between 10 degrees Celcius and 57 degrees Celcius
- Between -22 degrees Celcius and 59 degrees Celcius (6 months)
- Operating between 20% and 80%
- Storage between 10% and 90%
- CE Mark
ENERGY STAR-compliant *.
The ENERGY STAR emblem does not represent EPA endorsement of any product or service.
All models of the ThinkPad 600 and 600E systems, type 2645.
Some configurations may not be supported
Microsoft Windows ME
- The symbol * is used to denote that the information is currently unavailable for this product.
- All dates are represented in the US English format of mm/dd/yyyy (where mm=month, dd=day, yyyy=year).
- FRU stands for Field Replacement Unit. It is the part number used for ordering service/replacement parts.
- Effective Withdrawal means that on the given date the products will be withdrawn from marketing. After that date, the product can not be obtained directly.