|(This document applies to the following models: 3A0, 3AA, 3AC, 3AF, 3AH, 3AJ, 3AK, 3AP, 3AS, 3AT, 3AU, 3TJ, 4A0, 4AA, 4AC, 4AE, 4AF, 4AH, 4AJ, 4AK, 4AP, 4AS, 4AT, 4AU, 4TJ, 5A0, 5AA, 5AC, 5AF, 5AH, 5AJ, 5AK, 5AP, 5AS, 5AT, 5AU, 8A0, 8AA, 8AC, 8AF, 8AH, 8AJ, 8AK, 8AP, 8AS, 8AT, 8AU, CAA, CAB, CAC, CAD, CAE, CAF, CAG, CAH, CAJ, CBA, CBB, CBC, CBD, CBE, CBF, CBG, CBH, CBI, CBJ, CBK, CCA, CCB, CCC, CCD, CCE, CCF, CCG, CCH, CCI, CCJ, CCK)|
ThinkPad 600E with 337.8-mm (13.3-inch) TFT display
- Width: 300 mm (11.8 in)
- Depth: 240 mm (9.4 in)
- Height: 36.5 mm (1.4 in)
Weight is approximate.
- Weight: 2.26 kg (4.99 lb) with Li-Ion battery pack and weight saver bezel only
- Li-Ion battery pack: 310 g (0.69 lb)
- FDD: 210 g (0.45 lb)
- AC Adapter (2-pin or 3-pin): 360 g (0.795 lb)
- Power cord for AC Adapter: Approximate weight is 90 g (0.19 lb)
- DVD drive: 345 g (0.76 lb)
NOTE: Actual specifications and weights may vary based on features, vendor components, or manufacturing processes.
Universal AC adapter (56 W)
- Input is 100/240 V AC, 1.3/0.70 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output is 16 V DC, 3.5 A Li-Ion battery pack: 10.8 V, 3.2 AH, 6 cell/pack
Air Temperature for shipping and storage
- -20 degrees to 60 degrees C (-4 degrees to 140 degrees F)
Acoustic Noise Level
Class 3D (office environment)
- Sound pressure level (operator position): 40 dB (operating)
- Sound power level: 5.1 Bels (operating), 4.8 Bels (idling)
NOTE: The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) sound power level, in Bels, for a random sample of machines, typically configured, and operating in idle mode, for example, powered on, but no DASD read/write or other I/O activity. All measurements made in accordance with ANSI S13.30, and reported in conformance with ISO 9296.
ThinkPad computers are designed, built, and tested for high quality and reliability. When used properly in standard business environments, a ThinkPad system should be a reliable computing asset for many years. However, harsh environments and abuse can damage ThinkPads since they are not intended to withstand extreme temperatures, dust, shock, or other severe physical environments.
ThinkPad systems should not be used in unsuitable environments. For example, a ThinkPad system should not be used in non-stationary environments, such as in-vehicle installations, without additional casing or shock-dissipation. IBM warrants that the ThinkPad will conform to its Official Published Specifications when used in a suitable physical operating environment.
Air Temperature: 0 to 8,000 ft
Operating: 5 degrees to 35 degrees C (41 degrees to 95 degrees F) (without diskette)
Operating: 10 degrees to 35 degrees C (50 degrees to 95 degrees F) (with diskette inside unit)
System off: 5 degrees to 43 degrees C (41 degrees to 110 degrees F)
Storage/shipment: -20 degrees to 60 degrees C (-4 degrees to 140 degrees F)
Wet bulb (maximum): 29.4 degrees C (85 degrees F)
Air Temperature: 8,000 to 10,000 ft
- Operating: 5 degrees to 31.3 degrees C (41 degrees to 88 degrees F) (without diskette)
- Operating: 10 degrees to 31.3 degrees C (50 degrees to 88 degrees F) (with diskette inside unit)
- System off: 5 degrees to 43 degrees C (41 degrees to 110 degrees F)
- Storage/shipment: -20 degrees to 60 degrees C (-4 degrees to 140 degrees F)
- Wet bulb (maximum): 25.7 degrees C (78 degrees F)
NOTE: The maximum temperature when the system is on is linearly decreased from 8,000 ft to 10,000 ft.
- Operating: 8% to 95% (without diskette)
- Operating: 8% to 80% (with diskette inside unit)
- Storage/shipment: 5% to 95%
- 10,000 ft maximum (3,048 m)
Universal Serial Bus (USB) port for connecting external drives. The USB port is only supported by Windows 98 or Windows 95 OSR2.1 or later.
- Serial Connector (RS-232D) -- Serial device port for connecting serial devices such as an external Modem.
- Parallel Connector -- Parallel device port for connecting devices such as printers.
- Infrared sensor -- Provides a wireless connection to devices, such as other notebook and desktop Personal Computers, via IR, that are equipped with the proper IR transceiver. These systems have been designed for compliance with the IrDA (Infrared Data Association) data link specification version 1.1 (up to 4.0Mbps), and IRLMP, IRLAP, and IR physical signaling. Uses include transferring files, etc.
- Stereo audio jacks -- Provides for the connection of external stereo speakers/headphones and microphone and can provide SRS 3D sound.
- External Display Connector -- External display port for connecting one of the supported displays that may be used in desktop environment instead of the LCD that is standard with the system. Also supporting an attachment of ISO 9241-3 enabled IBM monitors. Dual Display of LCD and an external display is also supported.
- PC CARD slots -- The IBM ThinkPad 600E new models system, conforms to the PC Card Standard which incorporates the new CardBus(1) PC Card as well as Card and Socket Services Specification release 2.1. The ZV (Zoomed Video) Adapters are also supported. Other PC CARD adapters that comply with this standard may also function, but have not been tested by IBM.
NOTE: (1) Presently available in Windows 3.1, Windows 95, and Windows 98.
System Expansion Connector -- Provides connection to the IBM Docking Solutions:
- IBM SelectaBase 600
- IBM SelectaDock III via the IBM SelectaBase 600
- FCC Class-B Certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI CLASS 2 (0 db)
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- CCIB (for China)
- BCIQ (for Taiwan)
- SMA (Australia)
- RSF449 (New Zealand)
- MPR-II (Sweden)
The following operating systems support the IBM ThinkPad 600E new models. Refer to the LIMITATIONS section for support issues unique to each operating system.
- PC DOS 2000
- OS/2 Warp Version 4 (with FixPack 8, or later)
- OS/2 Warp Version 4, Japanese (with FixPack 8, or later)
- MS-DOS(2) Version 6.22
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Japanese
NOTE: Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported: PC DOS 7.0, Windows 3.0, MS-DOS 6.0, OS/2 Version 3.0, Windows NT 3.51, and so on.
The following IBM system software is supported:
OS/2 LAN Server Entry Version 4.0 (*)
OS/2 LAN Server Advanced Version 4.0 (*)
* Client function only was tested.