Keyboard Removal Movie - ThinkPad Edge E420, E520, E525
- Unlock the battery release latch.
- Press and hold the battery release latch and slide the battery out of the slot in the chassis.
- Loosen the four captive screws.
- Lift the access panel off of the chassis.
- Remove the two retaining screws.
- Turn the system over and open the cover
- Push the keyboard toward the rear, then rotate it up, flip it over, and set it down on the palmrest.
- Disconnect the two ribbon cables.
- Here's a closer look.
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved