The following list shows current ThinkPad systems that support Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Before installing Windows XP SP2, make sure that your ThinkPad system is on this list.
This site contains a set of Hints and tips which documents special requirements or considerations you may encounter during Windows XP SP2 installation and operation on your ThinkPad system. In most cases, your ThinkPad system (if included in the list above) will have no problem with Windows XP SP2. However, before you start the installation, we recommend that you make sure your system is using the latest BIOS and Drivers.
- ThinkPad A20m, A21m, A22m, A20p, A21p, A22p
- ThinkPad A21e, A22e
- ThinkPad A30, A30p, A31, A31p
- ThinkPad G40, G41
- ThinkPad R30, R31, R32
- ThinkPad R40, R40e, R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R52
- ThinkPad s31
- ThinkPad T20, T21, T22, T23
- ThinkPad T30
- ThinkPad T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p. T43, T43p
- ThinkPad X20, X21, X22, X23, X24, X30, X31, X40, X41, X41 Tablet
- ThinkPad TransNote
- ThinkPad i Series 1200, 1300
- ThinkPad i Series 1400, 1500 (machine type 2621 and 2651 only)
- ThinkPad 240, 240X, 240Z
- ThinkPad 390, 390E, 390X
- ThinkPad i Series 1720 and 1721
- ThinkPad 570, 570E
- ThinkPad 600, 600E, 600X
- ThinkPad 770E, 770ED, 770X, 770Z
Click here to check and obtain the latest BIOS and Drivers for your ThinkPad system.
Prior to installing any updates, you should backup your data and ensure your ThinkPad system is connected to an AC outlet and has a fully charged battery.
Click here to return to the general Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 Web page.