Service partition module update utility to address the ATI graphics driver first-boot hang - ThinkCentre A51, A51p, M51, S51
|Name||Operating System||Version||Released||Add to|
|1 ||10 Aug 2005 ||
|This utility has been created to update the service partition of systems that hang at first-boot after performing a system recovery using the F11 function.|
Any of the following systems running the reloaded version of Microsoft Windows XP configured with an ATI graphics adapter, 1GB of memory, and a USB mouse:
- ThinkCentre A51 (type 8424, 8425, 8428)
- ThinkCentre A51p (type 8420, 8421, 8422, 8423, 8426, 8427)
- ThinkCentre M51 (type 8095, 8096, 8097, 8141, 8142, 8143, 8144, 8145, 8146)
- ThinkCentre S51 (type 8098, 8171, 8172, 8173)
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
- Click Start, select Find or Search, then click Files and folders.
- Type pz2z37usa.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the pz2z37usa.exe icon.
- Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVER\PZ2Z37US.
- Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive.
- Click Finish.
- Click Start, then click Run.
- Type C:\IBMTOOLS\DRIVER\PZ2Z37US\VFSETUP.EXE, then click OK. You will be prompted to close all other applications and notified that the system will undergo a forced reboot upon completion.
- Follow any other onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved