NOTE: If a previous version of MyKey is already running on your system, please exit the program before running the updated version. To exit, right-click the system tray icon for MyKey and click Exit.
Setting up the system
Your computer must meet the following requirements to install and use MyKey:
- Pentium II 266MHz
- 1.7 MB free disk space (on drive C)
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP (Windows 98 requires a Memory Key device driver)
NOTE: The MyKey application is not supported in Windows NT 4.0.
- Administrative privileges for Windows 2000 and Windows XP
For optimal performance, the key works optionally with a graphic accelerator that supports 24-bit color depth.
- Turn on the computer and start Windows.
- Run the IBM MyKey.exe application by double-clicking the file.
- On the install screen, select the box if you want a shortcut to MyKey on your desktop. A shortcut to MyKey and Uninstall MyKey is automatically created in the Start menu. Click Finish to start using MyKey, or Cancel to abort the installation.
NOTE: By default, MyKey is loaded automatically with Windows. You can disable this option from the Settings window. For more information about using and configuring the IBM MyKey software, please see the User's Guide for the IBM 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, and 512MB USB 2.0 Memory Keys.
Wait a few moments until the MyKey icon is added to your system tray on the bottom of your screen, next to the clock. Use this icon for the easiest and fastest access to all MyKey functions.
To uninstall the MyKey application, click Start, click All Programs, click MyKey IBM, and then click Uninstall MyKey IBM.
Click here for the 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, and 512MB USB 2.0 Memory Key KeySafe Application files.