Unexpected suspend or shutdown due to heavily using processor power applications - ThinkPad X100e
ThinkPad running on Windows XP preload and heavily using processor power applications goes unexpected suspend or shutdown.
The following ThinkPad system running Windows XP:
Install the AMD Processor Power Management Driver for Windows XP - ThinkPad X100e driver . Please read and follow the installation instruction.
To determine whether the correct driver was installed:
- Click Start button on the Windows XP task bar.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- At the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Find the AMD Athlon(TM) Neo Processor MV-40 or other AMD processor category.
- You need to install it, if you did not find the device name.
Windows 7 and Vista do not require the AMD Processor Power Management Driver. Those systems have its own power management system.
Legacy Document ID
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved