|This package installs the software (audio driver and utility) to enable the following device.
- SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio
- Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support which devices.
- If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted below.
- This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
- ThinkPad R61(type):
- 7732, 7733, 7734, 7735, 7736, 7737, 7738, 7742, 7743, 7744,
- 7751, 7753, 7754, 7755, 8914, 8918, 8919, 8920, 8927, 8928,
- 8929, 8942, 8943, 8944, 8945, 8947, 8948, 8949
- ThinkPad R61i (type):
- 7732, 7742, 8918, 8943
- ThinkPad T61, T61p
- ThinkPad X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- ThinkPad Reserve Edition
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit, 64-bit
- < > Version number
- 32-bit Windows 7,Vista 32-bit
- 64-bit Windows 7,Vista 64-bit
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
Version<18.104.22.16855 (32-bit) / 22.214.171.12455 (64-bit)> (7ka216ww)
- (Fix) Corrected a version information in the setup wizard.
Version<126.96.36.19955 (32-bit) / 188.8.131.5255 (64-bit)> (7ka215ww)
- [Important] Supported both for Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Vista.
- (New) Added the support for AD1984A of audio CODEC. The supported BIOS is needed.
Supported model: ThinkPad T61 (attached AD1984A audio CODEC)
Supported BIOS : 2.30(7LETD0WW) or later
- (Fix) Corrected a description of VERSION INFORMATION in this README document.
Version <184.108.40.20610 (32-bit) / 220.127.116.1110 (64-bit)>
- (New) Enhancement of the device driver's function.
Version <18.104.22.16800 (32-bit) / 22.214.171.12400 (64-bit)>
- (Fix) Intermittent no sound after suspend/resume.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative privileges.
- Locate the folder where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in step 9.
- Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is checked and click Finish.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer
Finally delete the file saved in the step 4.
This is for system administrators' use only.
- Refer to the "Manual Install" section, and download and extract the file.
- In step 11 of the "Installing files" section, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- At the command line, execute setup.exe with the -s -sms options.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\setup -s -sms
- Start Windows and log on with the user ID authorized as an administrator.
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Make sure View by Category is selected, and click "Uninstall a program".
- Click SoundMAX, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall software and reboot the computer.
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- At the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Sound, video and game controllers category.
- Double-click SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Check Driver Version.