Laptops & Tablets
Desktop & All-In-Ones
Accessories & Upgrades
Monitors & Projectors
This article is about how to enable or disable WLAN card (or Bluetooth) of your computer.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
All Idea Laptops
Pay attentions to the following matters when enabling or disabling WLAN card (or Bluetooth)
1. If the machine is configured with physical switch, make sure it is switched on. Otherwise, WLAN (or Bluetooth) will be unable to use.
2. Verify that the Wireless is enabled in BIOS ("Enabled" is the default.)
3. For some models, certain bundled & standard configured software (e.g., Energy Management) is indispensible to enabling or disabling WLAN card (or Bluetooth).
4. For the majority of the models, the indicator keeps on after WLAN (or Bluetooth) is enabled.
5. Operation order: switch on WLAN (or Bluetooth) physical switch (only for certain models) --> verify whether Energy Management software has been installed --> press Fn+ WLAN (or Bluetooth) hotkey.
For different models, the hotkeys of WLAN (or Bluetooth) are different. The common combination keys are Fn+F4, Fn+F5 or Fn+F6, etc. Please refer to the figure below.
How to switch on WLAN (or Bluetooth) physical switch (only for certain models)
If the machine is configured with WLAN card (or Bluetooth) and physical switch when leaving factory, the physical switch must be switched on.
The physical switch of most models is located at the front part of the machine while it may be at the right (or left) side for a small portion models. Only very few models use shortcut key (e.g., IdeaPad S10).
Please refer to the figure below. (For certain models only)
Angle of view: facing the front of the screen.
How to enable or disable WLAN (or Bluetooth) through combination key
1. To use Fn+Wireless hotkey, Energy Management software (or shortcut key driver) should be installed.
2. Combinations of Fn+F4 or Fn+F5 are applied to most of the models. (The prerequisites are: the physical switch is on and EM is installed.)
3. Call out “Lenovo Wireless Devices Settings” and set Wireless Network Card on (or off).
Enable WLAN in BIOS
Generally, press “F2” during booting and enter BIOS. The option of enabling and disabling is under “Advanced” or “Configuration”. In BIOS, generally, there are four kinds of descriptions for WLAN: Wireless, Wireless LAN, Wireless LAN Support and WLAN Device. Set to “Enabled” shown in the figures below. (Figures are for reference only.)
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.