Error message pops up when install BurnNow SD if there is DBCS characters in user name - ThinkCentre M70e, M90, M90p, M91, M91p and ThinkStation E20
A pop-up window with the text "Command line option syntax error. Type command/? For help." can appear.
Any of the following systems running Microsoft Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional or Windows Vista SP1 and Microsoft Windows 7 but not limited to the following systems:
- ThinkCentre M90 (all models)
- ThinkCentre M90p (all models)
- ThinkCentre M91 (all models)
- ThinkCentre M91p (all models)
- ThinkCentre M70e (all models)
- ThinkStation E20 (all models)
Note: The system is configured with a CD/DVD Combo Drive, DVD Writer.
BurnNow installs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package as part of its installation. This sub component has a flaw that can cause the pop-up message.
Microsoft Knowledge base article MS KB952211 describes the flaw. The root cause is that the installer for the component cannot find its extracted files in a TEMP directory with a translated name.
This is a limitation of Windows Vista SP1 and XP.
There are two workarounds to this item:
- Click Start Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- In the Computer name, domains, and workgroup settings area, click Change settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Environment Variables.
- In the User variables area, click Temp, and then click Edit.
- In the Variable value box, type C:\Temp, and then click OK two times. Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the application that uses the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.
Install the program for all users an account user with a SBCS name, such as Administrator.
Legacy Document ID
: 18 Sep 2013
Copyright © Lenovo 2013, all rights reserved